Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • fork me!!! too much choice! help!!!!!
  • daftvader
    Free Member

Evening…
    Will be getting my new 29er frame soon but still don’t know what fork to go for… The budget will be max around £300. And I want max 120mm travel and 15mm axle thingy. I have seen some sids on one of those European sites for just over 300 but don’t know what they are like as an everyday fork. The lbs is recommending xfusion velvets, I have only ever used fox but they are so sodding expensive… there are a few on the bay and here on the classifieds…. Brain is slowly melting and running out of my ears. Help!

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

+1 for X-Fusion forks as I have a set of sweeps on my Spitfire and a mate runs a set of X-Fusion on his Solaris and we both love them, awesome value for the money, pretty simple and do the job well. Speak to J-Tech Suspension about them as he custom tunes them for you. I think including the custom tune mine were cheaper from J-Tech than if I ordered from Freeborn or 18-Bikes.

daftvader
    Free Member

Cheers will look at them….

zelak999
    Free Member

Dunno about a 29er but i’ve just replaced my FOX 36 RLCs with a pair of the new Pikes and they are smooth.

daftvader
    Free Member

It’s for an xc bike so don’t really want anything to beefy or heavy… Probably end up with 2nd hand…

this_wreckage
    Free Member

I can heartily recommend x fusion, they seem to be the bargain fork of the moment with great performance at a more than reasonable rrp, although you might struggle to get a 29″ wheel in a velvet…!

I’d be looking at these for an xc fork based on your budget and description. Buying forks used can be iffy territory…

daftvader
    Free Member

Dumb arse! Just looked at the email again and it’s a slide!! It’s been a bad day…

daftvader
    Free Member

Bugger… Moot point now as mrsvader has vetoed the purchase by using the money elsewhere. Ffs. 👿

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘fork me!!! too much choice! help!!!!!’ is closed to new replies.