Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Fork lowers – protection options?
  • hora
    Free Member

Anything like carbon or sticking plastic (like helicopter tape) but covers the lowers without making a mess of the stickers. I ‘think’ I saw some once with carbon-like just down the insides and one strip on the outer?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

just use electricians tape

hora
    Free Member

Looks scruffy after a while…

rob-jackson
    Free Member

you are only keeping them for 2 weeks

sprocker
    Free Member

🙂

hora
    Free Member

Pot kettle. I only bought these to cover for my 4month old 55’s need warranty repair… I only own one bike/one fork normally Rob. An alien concept to you especially as I’ve have forks 3months longer than you keep yours…..

jam-bo

there was a company called drift who made ‘fork armor’ but I’m not sure if they are still in business.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

hora stop being a bellend, if they are to cover your warranty repair ones then you will have them for 2 weeks, wasn’t being sarky! You really are a chub end

btw – Pikes are best as you know – had mine for 7 months 🙂

hora
    Free Member

3 weeks+ I’ve been quoted. Windwave don’t keep 1 1/8 CSU’s for this fork in stock.

Pikes? I’m a Fox/Mazz customer. Had too many RS failures/niggles.

sprocker
    Free Member

Ironic that you have to many problems with rshox and your Marz are away for 3 weeks under warranty. You want some mrp stage anyway like me!

hora
    Free Member

Always said if I could afford decent Fox.

I had 36floats for two years riding in the worse Peaks winters of gritstone etc. Not a smidge of wear at either 140mm travel spacing or 160mm.

Kinda thinking when the 55’s comeback it’ll be either 55’s sold or… the Fox depending on how these ones ride..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Frame tape, if it’s for 2 weeks inner tube wrap.

cookeaa

Looks scruffy after a while…

So do scuffed fork lowers… what do you want?

My favorite is fork legs covered in sections of old innertube, there’s always at least one on every uplift, extra points if its held in place with an unnecessary zip tie every 2 inches and even more if you go to the extent of doing the same on the chain/seat stays…

TBH Helitape is sort of accepted as the default tart’s dandyhorse armor these days, you’ll not have trouble selling a fork covered in it, that “Carbon Armour” stuff was just overpriced carbon effect vinyl wasn’t it? (in which case see my post yesterday on re-colouring your saddle)

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Buy a unicycle.

downhilldave

Invisiframe do fork kits. Have one on mine

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Mr contradiction at it again: see pic of zocchis and lowers protection

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Fork lowers – protection options?’ is closed to new replies.