Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • fork length and wheel size musings
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve a pair of 26″ Fox 36 forks. One day, 26″ will be no more. If my forks are still alive by then, I’m wondering if I can convert them to 650b by sacrificing some travel.

The travel is reduced by putting spacers in to limit extension. If these spacers were fitted in a different location, they could limit compression. So, assuming a 650b clears the arch, is it possible to turn a 26″ 160mm fork into a 140mm 650b fork?

What is the crown to axle length difference between 26″ and 650b forks of similar travel?

chiefgrooveguru

One day, 26″ will be no more. If my forks are still alive by then…

They won’t be – unless you bought then as a wall ornament rather than suspension component.

(10-12mm A-C difference for equal travel).

Onzadog
    Free Member

They’re well looked after and showing no signs of their age yet, although having Avalanche internals has certainly helped with that.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Just put some 650b in my 34’s, clearance is the biggest issue as I’m not going to get anything more than a 2.25 Ardent in there (my default choice for 9 months in Sunny Oz) If I want to go to the HRII’s etc I can just throw the 26″ back in there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘fork length and wheel size musings’ is closed to new replies.