Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fork Knocking Noise – Fox
  • r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

I’ve got some 2013 Fox Float CTD’s. They were brand new on a new bike bought last May.

The rebound damper wasnt working from new so I sent it off to Mojo sometime last year who have fixed it for me. Its been running fine since then until now.

Last night it developed a rather obvious knocking noise. I think its coming from the damper side. It knocks after the forks have been compressed and are rebounding back up again. This only happens in Trail mode. It goes away if I put it back into descend or climb mode.

Anyone come across this before, any ideas what it could be?

Cheers

LoCo
    Free Member

Get them back for a warranty inspection before the warranty is up 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

as Loco says bit you have done the services every 30 hrs haven’t you?

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Think I probably will do, just sucks being without them! Got a race this weekend too. Just hoping they will be alright for that

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Yes the forks have been serviced as recommended. Generally looked after very well.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

If it helps, the knocking happens are the point where they begin to extend again, not at the top of their travel.

fozzybear
    Free Member

I had some with a knocking noise.
    My nice lbs returned them to Mojo for me.

They were returned with a new csu and a note about how the csu was internally split and dangerous.. The knock they (lbs) assume was the stantion top moving. On Rockshox now.

P. S. Not saying this is your issue btw.

r8jimbob88
    Free Member

Strange you say that as when I returned them to Mojo last time they fixed the damper and also the CSU based on a “manufacturing defect” that they had found. Hope its not that! Then again I would imagine that it would still knock regardless of what the CTD setting was if the CSU was faulty.

fozzybear
    Free Member

They replaced with a different designed csu for mine.
    The part the stantions push into was longer I think.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fork Knocking Noise – Fox’ is closed to new replies.