Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Fork crown mounted canti hanger
  • Shergie
    Free Member

Now there’s a mouthful!
    Suffering from massive brake judder on the front of my Tri-Cross and been told that specialized do a crown mounted brake hanger to eliminate this, can i find one? Can i flip…
    Does anyone know where i can get one of these mythical beasts or if there is something else that will do the same job?
    Cheers
    Jon

Shergie
    Free Member

like this one

jackthedog
    Free Member

Yes, the canti hanger on the Tricross is a specific part designed for that particular fork. The reason it’s like that is the L bend section hooks under the crown to prevent the hanger rotating when the brakes are applied. Pain in the arse for fitting mudguards.

A Specialized dealer might be able to grab a part number and get it ordered for you.

Alternatively you might be able to use a generic one, but check that the crown will accept it – I seem to recall it being a little odd in some way but can’t remember how.

Edit – Short-arm V brakes would be another way round.

ctznsmith
    Free Member

I have used the generic one but front of tricross forks is flat, and the generic is designed for curved crown. I had to use a longer bolt I think with a ‘top hat’ allen key head (like you get on caliper brakes). Also when I stripped the bike recently a big bit of paint fell off the forks where the curve had pressed into it, going to file it flat before I refit.

I got mine here http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php?plid=m2b0s101p1809 becuase erm it’s my work.

Shergie
    Free Member

Going on the basis that yours is a thole £12.50 cheaper than anything else i’ve found that sounds like a plan to me, i’ve been told specialized have discontinued theirs…

Shergie
    Free Member

Well it was before the £4 postage, if only i still lived in bristol hmmmmmm…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Fork crown mounted canti hanger’ is closed to new replies.