Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Fork advice needed-bit clueless
  • mbr30
    Free Member

I would really appreciate some advice regarding a fork upgrade. I want to upgrade my Rockshox Sektor RL S air sprung fork with 20mm Maxle.

Basically how do I know which one will fit my frame? Does the new one need to be 20mm maxle also? Thinking about getting some Revs and selling the Slektors but there about about 6 different types and no idea where to start!

mbr30
    Free Member
    Shorty121
    Free Member

What bike is it?

fadda

To fit your frame and be a suitable replacement, you need to think about steerer (1″ 1/8; 1.5″, tapered…?) and length/travel.

The 20mm maxle will dictate whether or not your old wheel will fit the new forks without adaptors/ a new hub, but won’t affect whether or not it fits your frame.

Cheezpleez

You need to know what diameter your current fork’s steerer tube is. They come in 1 1/8, 1.5 and tapered.

For a straight swap you need a fork with the same steerer. However, depending on your frame’s headtube (again there’s a range of options) you may be able to use a different type of steerer, but you will need a new headset if you do.

If you swap to a QR or 15mm axle you’ll either need a new front hub or, if your existing hub can be adapted, a set of adapters to suit the new fork.

Why do you want to upgrade? Your existing fork should be pretty good

z1ppy

Upgrading how? Less weight, better performance, more features?
    Most RS forks can have their internal upgraded easily

mbr30
    Free Member

Sorry, my bike is a 2011 Pitch Pro. The Sketors are probably due a service soon and that will cost £100ish. Thinkijg of selling them whilst they are still if value and putting it toward some new revs.no service then needed and I may sell the whole bike in a year or 18 months.just a thought really.

Shorty121
    Free Member

I’m guessing it’s this bike http://www.evanscycles.com/products/specialized/pitch-fsr-pro-2011-mountain-bike-ec024977#features.

So you will be a 1 1/8th steerer with a 20mm axle.

But like said earlier it might be easier to send them off to loco for upgraded internals.

chiefgrooveguru

If they’re due a service then that will devalue them by a similar cost. What do you want to improve about them?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Fork advice needed-bit clueless’ is closed to new replies.