Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Forgive me, for I have sinned…
  • Twin
    Free Member

…and asked for PP gift for something I’m selling (which, after reading some threads I quickly retracted when I found out I’d be as popular as a ginger stepchild). Haven’t sold anything for a while, didn’t realise how much bad press there is about this. I’ve bought and sold with PP gift in the past and had no problems, are the classifieds now full of scammers?

Northwind

Just got your email chief, don’t worry about it, consider this an invitation to rip me off 😉

avdave2

If I’ve bought something of the classifieds from someone who posts regularly on the bike and chat forums I’ll send it as a gift whether they’ve asked for it or not.

bigblackshed

I personally wouldn’t pay via gift. No offence to the seller, especially when they are a regular poster or known. The amount of sellers still asking for gift even after all of the threads about it and it being a sticky of the front page of the for sale section.

I always pay for goods and I’ll pay the fees, we’ll agree a price, I’ll use one of the online calculators and send the total, normally rounded up as well.

I’ve pulled out of sales when a seller asks for gift only, even when I’ve said I’ll pay the fees. Some will refuse to take a payment “for goods or services”. Which to me screams scammer.

Other peoples MMV of course.

takisawa2

I usually send by regular Paypal, then gift the bit Paypal knock off.

How two consenting sensible adults choose to move money is up to them really, but you’ll always get those that don’t follow a few basic rules.
    Would you hand over cash to some bloke at the door on the premise that he will return with the goods…?

radrob
    Free Member

Lol at northwind comment

hora
    Free Member

Chief? Is he Indian?

spooky_b329

takisawa, why don’t you just take the option to pay the fee’s at your end rather than an extra transaction to cover them?

ricky1
    Free Member

PayPal him £20 and then gift him the rest,I’ve paid for a frame through gift only last week,like avdave said if their not posting on the forum then be wary,my transaction went very well and I trusted the seller completely.
    OP why are you bothered if your doing the selling,and if you know your going to send the item I think your worrying about nothing.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Forgive me, for I have sinned…’ is closed to new replies.