• This topic has 40 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by gamo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Forget FiveTens, keep yer Vans. etc…..
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What the….?

*checks diary. Spots that it is not the first day of April. Shakes head in bewilderment*

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

😯

Really??

jedi

are they flat pedal shoes or for wearing at karaoke when singing mini the moocher? 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes. Really.

Also available in another colorway

crikey
    Free Member

They are podium shoes, fashion item associated with sport shocker…

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Nice, they are podium shoes so you dont go arse over tit (see link for details) in your cleats ! Or for dildo’s who think they are PRO AS in the pub etc !!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

How much?

yunki
    Free Member

while they are undoubtably gopping.. it’s not like the cyclist is the epitome of cool..

I don’t think those shoes will be making any of us look like more of a nob than we do already… In fact I might try some in an attempt to look a bit more suave..

crikey
    Free Member

Mmmm. Middle aged men wearing skate shoes and baggy clown shorts, padded up to the hilt, or wobbling on tight lycra sliding about on plastic cleats. Not really in a position to be critical, are we?

lipseal
    Free Member

Do they come in just black. I’m feed up of all the shitty colour combos they seem to come up with. I’m 41 not 14, unless you speak to the wife coz she finks it’s the other way round. Just make them in black FFS.

D0NK

Not really in a position to be critical, are we?

curse of the mediocre crikey, I may be lame/crap/uncool but I’m not THAT lame/crap/uncool!
    hence all the bitchiness
    🙂

stevenieve
    Free Member

these look the part.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

stevenieve – Member These look the part

Yeh if you’ve got special needs.

chiefgrooveguru

I like the look of these:

atlaz
    Free Member

I didn’t think the podium shoes were for normal types to buy, more for the pros so they don’t do what Cav did in that video. If you do see someone wearing any down the pub, I suspect they need some “adjustment”.

honourablegeorge

I’m 35. My window for getting away with yellow laces has passed.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Lets change this thread name to “Joey Shoes” as all pictures are showing them !

honourablegeorge

Think these are reasonably understated, might get a pair.

Podium shoes – WTF!

andyl
    Free Member

They remind me of these:

philconsequence
    Free Member

i kinda like em 😀

VanHalen

honerable george – 35 is too old? damn. i`d best start shopping at matalan, wearing sensible shoes and buy a mondeo.

i like those Teva links shoes. if they werent £80 i`d buy them.

mark – aged 35 and a bit.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

As an owner of the s-works road shoes I have an urge to want a pair. Also want the mountain bike spd version too. 😳

They may not be to everyone’s taste but they do make exceptionally comfy and great quality shoes.

meandyuk

stevenieve: I quite like those fiveten’s what are they called?

Cheers

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

pimp my ride

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nigel.

meandyuk

muahahaha!!!!!!!!!!

stevenieve
    Free Member

Don’t think they’re out yet, found them over on Vitalmtb as Five Ten Trail Clipless Shoe

mamadirt
    Free Member

honourablegeorge – Member

I’m 35. My window for getting away with yellow laces has passed.

Looks down at orange laces 😳 Like the look of those Teva Links too.

alpin
    Free Member

i liked the look of these until i wore them out…..

it says in the link that they are womens shoes…. still like them, though. if anyone sees a pair in UK 8.5 buy them for me and i’ll reimburse you.

chiefgrooveguru

I hope my yellow lace window doesn’t pass in the next two years… Those Teva shoes are treated with some magic water repellent stuff – 5.10 take note!

Stuey01
    Free Member

They’re sposed to look like the fancy pants spesh road shoes so the pros can still look the part (still rock the sponsor’s logo’s…) on the podium without going a over t:

Shak47

The specialized podium shoes werent available in the UK this year, however they can be sourced from Germany if you really need a pair.
    Really comfy to wear and the Fluro Neon ones certainly get you noticed.

Naranjada
    Free Member

I was looking at those Tevas in 18Bikes last weekend, they seem well made but the tongue and lace area is just like what you’d see on skate trainers so I can’t see them being particularly great in the rain, but they’ll be fab for dry to lightly moist rides though. Stiff sole too.

chiefgrooveguru
    Houns

They look far better than five tens, mind you that isn’t hard

gamo
    Free Member

I got a pair of the Teva’s today,seem really well made and after a short wet ride they definitely seem waterproof. Grip is good but not as grippy as 5 tens more like Shimano am40’s.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

what colour did you get gamo? I like the idea of them, especially the waterproofing but not sure on the colours…..

catnash
    Free Member

Bring back the AXO Pony!!!

D0NK

i liked the look of these until i wore them out…..

do you mean you loved them until they were worn out or that you thought they looked good until you wore them out in public and everyone ripped the pish?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Forget FiveTens, keep yer Vans. etc…..’ is closed to new replies.