Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)
  • Forget BMW/Audi drivers…..The car that attracts the worst drivers is……….
  • Houns

The Renault Scenic!!

Over the last few months I have noticed how shockingly bad the drivers of these cars are. They are typically fat brain dead chav families.
    They need a larger car to fit their guts in, football shirts, white trainers and 3/4 shorts are de rigueur

Head lights always seem to be faulty or on high beam, fog lights of course are on at all times of the day. Indicators do not work and the drivers seem to feel they are exempt from the laws concerning driving whilst on the phone

You may not have noticed this, but now I have pointed it out you will be looking at every Renault scenic and you will notice the poor driving skills!

wwaswas

*ahem*

I’ve been driving my Grand Scenic for 6 years and haven’t had an accident.

Seen hundreds, mind 😉

prezet
    Free Member

Never noticed Scenic drivers – I know it’s a cliche, but BMW, Audi and Merc drivers really are the worst on the roads. Audi in particular are awful.

Mini drivers are fairly bad too – especially the younger drivers who seem to be permanently attached to their mobile phones while driving.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    joao3v16
    Free Member

The car that attracts the worst drivers is……….

Any of those ones with more than 3 wheels isn’t it?

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Agree entirely, especially after one reversed into my car a few weeks back and then told me Id parked it inconsideratly. On my driveway.

nasher
    Free Member

I’ve been driving my Grand Scenic for 6 years and haven’t had an accident.

Seen hundreds, mind

the hundreds of accidents you see in your rear view mirror that yo caused.. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Any of those ones with more than 3 wheels isn’t it?

Good drivers only in these;

sugdenr
    Free Member

For every one dim Scenic I see/know twenty merc/bimmer/vorsprung idiots.

Anyway indicators? nah. its best to keep people guessing. Everytime I do it properly and indicate in advance to come out into the outside lane where there is a gap in the traffic, some tit bimmer or audi driver accelerates hard to make up the gap and stop anyone coming out in front of him.

Jamie
    Free Member

For the record, I have a Fiesta and drive like a ****.

Seen hundreds, mind

wwaswas earlier:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8GTHXTEvIc[/video]

prezet
    Free Member

For the record, I have a Fiesta and drive like a ****.

Ah, an aspirational Audi driver. Good for you 😛

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The only point of posting on this thread is to call “utter bollocks” on the OP.

bigyinn
    Free Member

treaclesponge – Member

Agree entirely, especially after one reversed into my car a few weeks back and then told me Id parked it inconsideratly. On my driveway.
    Seriously??? 😯

binners

You’re all wrong! Nissan Micra’s are the worst driven cars on the road! By a country mile! They seem incapable of traveling at more than 30mph. They vear erratically from lane to lane, as if the driver is having a stroke. Indicators? What are they?

It may be specific to certain areas, depending on ethnic make up, but seeing the combination of this

behind the wheel of this

really puts the fear of God (or Allah) in me. Time to get off your bike and hide behind a wall til the danger passes

bikebouy
    Free Member

I up you and claim Vauxhall Zafira.

Jamie
    Free Member

The only point of posting on this thread is to call “utter bollocks” on the OP.

Very true. It’s a known fact the make and the model of the car has no bearing on how the car is driven.

Having heated wing mirrors on the other hand…..

wwaswas

I agree binners – Ninja in a Micra = throwing star nightmare.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Damn you, Jamie!

Houns

He he I drive a Micra (look, it was free and I’m happy with the size of my penis) and many other road users get a surprise when they realise it’s not and old dodger driving it (usually after they have just pulled out in front of me 😡 )

Houns

Bikebouy you have a very valid point!

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

ADH’s guide to City driving

1. Don’t use you indicators. You’re local, you know where you’re going. If someone is using indicators, they not local and likely to veer wildly from lane to lane.

2. Wing/door mirrors. Push them in when parked, then leave them pushed in while driving – you don’t need to see behind you. If a helpful cyclist pulls them out for you while you’re stuck in traffic, push them in again and give him some verbal.

3. Lights. Ensure at least one headlight and one brake light is broken. If the functional headlamp can be an uprated lamp unit from a lighthouse and angled towards the heavens, so much the better. Remember, if the streetlights are on, leave your lights off, saves wear on the alternator.

4. Windows. Ensure these are misted up, or covered in peeling security film, stickers, badly placed sun screens etc. Be inventive.

5. Tyres. Bald, or near balding. Full marks if the sidewalls have been thoroughly kerbed.

6. Brakes. If the car dosn’t veer wildly to one side when you brake, your vehicle isn’t road worthy. Full marks are awarded to drivers who leave the handbrake on while driving, the pleasant scent of overheating brake pads will add to the driving experiance.

7. Sat nav placement. Leave on the windscreen, even if you know where you’re going, make sure it takes up as much of your view as possible, without it actually being placed slap bang in front of you. It should only ever be placed in the glove box when parked, to prevent it being stolen.

8. Oil/Water/Washer fluid. These should ONLY ever be checked by qualified personelle. Lifting the bonnet will invalidate the warrenty. You should only ever take your car to the garage if it is broken. Most modern cars need to be serviced once a millenium.

9. Road space. Congestion makes city driving a nightmare for everyone. Be considerate and keep as close as physically possible to the car in front.

10. Use of time. City driving average speeds are low. If you get bored, use your time effectively in these safe low speeds – why not eat a KFC bucket? Hold a telephone conference on your mobile, or shave for the office? Ipads perched on your lap make an ideal time to catch up on Sex in the City.

Points for how many of these I’ve seen.

Double points for correctly identifying those I see every day.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

bigyinn – Seriously.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😐

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

It may be specific to certain areas, depending on ethnic make up, but seeing the combination of this

behind the wheel of this

really puts the fear of God (or Allah) in me. Time to get off your bike and hide behind a wall til the danger passes.

It’s a very good point actually Binners; I see that a lot where I live. Women dressed like that have reduced peripheral vision, and simply can’t see what’s going on around them. I’m always wary of such drivers if I’m on my bike, cos I know they just can’t see me, mirrors or not.

It’s actually illegal too (to wear anything which restricts your vision, and this includes stupid dark sunglasses that make you look a right tit), but of course were the Babylonians to do owt about it, then we’d naturally have someone banging on about Racism and Human Rights etc etc and oh well you know the rest.

As for the bigoted and prejudiced generalisation by the OP, well, it’s what we’ve come to expect from Little England really, sadly. 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

I drive a Mondeo and therefore Mondeo drivers are the worst in the known universe.
    FACT*

*STW knowz this.

oldgrump08
    Free Member

treaclesponge – pics???

willard

When I used to drive through Slough a lot, I never really had a problem from women in traditional garb. Mind you, I was driving a battered Fiat Panda and they were all in expensive Mercs, so when I came near them they tended to shear away quite quickly, probably to avoid catching rust or dents from my car. Either that, or desperate to avoid having an accident that would see them have to explain why they were driving their husband’s car with no license or insurance.

The worst drivers are the ones in modified Novas/Astras/Fiesta/*generic small shitbox* that treat a 20mph road outside a school as part of a racetrack every day.

Houns

Also any driver that adds one of those stupid exhausts on to their tiny engined crapbox of a car to make an annoying racket, sole purpose to annoy everyone else who has to suffer the din. Thinking about it, they should be named Fred exhausts

nsaints
    Free Member

What an arse

LOL…My misses comment after I sent her this thread
    She’s a new scenic owner 😀

Houns

Truth hurts her? 😀

He he

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

I agree with the OP. My lift share is a Renault Scenic driver and she is oblivious to anyone else on the road and has no lane discipline. MrPP stop reading here.
    In the past 1.5 months she has hit the kerb twice (whilst going round a round about), driven off with the door open (twice, I hadn’t even got both legs in the car. Yesterday she admitted she could not find her brake (as we practically TBoned an Audi). This morning I practically adopted the brace position as we roared up behind a braking car as she was looking at the traffic on the opposite side of the road wondering why they had stopped. I asked her this morning why her driving had got so bad in the last 1.5 months she said that Mark’s (the other lift) breathing changes so she looks at him to see if he is asleep. She constantly drives with one wheel on the cats eyes at the side of the road (I have asked her not too as it jolts the side of the car that I sit on) her attitude to all of this si to laugh and blame the menopause.
    Hurry up MrPP and mend the scooter….(please).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

She’s closer to the truth than the OP I reckon. 🙂

Houns

Eek!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Either that, or desperate to avoid having an accident that would see them have to explain why they were driving their husband’s car with no license or insurance.

How do you even know this? Do you have psychic powers or sumfink?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Toyota Yaris FTW!

MrsPoddy, has he STILL not fixed that bloody Vespa??

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

He’s bloody useless is that PeterPoddy. Too busy frightening dogs with his Decaying Orbit. 🙁

wwaswas

is it still the rear brake?

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

MrsPP I know how you feel.

In the big freeze last year I decided I was bette roff in a metal box than bouncing off them, so I got a lift in. As we tailgated a quarry wagon (6 feet, at most) and the driver wondered aloud the the steering kept going funny (in the freezing conditions), I elected to fit my spikes and ride to work off road. It might take 90 minutes and be serious hard work compared to the road route, but at least I’m alive.

thomthumb
    Free Member

her attitude to all of this si to laugh

although it makes me sound like some old duffer in tweed (i’m in my 20’s) driving as a skill has been lost somewhere. motorcyclists still (i believe in the majority) view it like this.
    unfortunately for car drivers it (imo) falls into two camps the majority have passed their test and now have the full ticket, that’s it. the drivers who do treat it as a skill aim to drive like a racing driver.

the skill of roadcraft as a good ‘road’ driver is lost.

rootes1

surely these attract the worst:

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Don’t worry, the oil will run out soon.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 77 total)

The topic ‘Forget BMW/Audi drivers…..The car that attracts the worst drivers is……….’ is closed to new replies.