Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Forest of Dean MTB Enduro 2011
  • thefod
    Free Member
    Mounty_73

Is there a contact name or email address for the above please ?

I cant see on on the site.

fodenduro
    Free Member

Yes there is now a ‘contact us’ page and a phone number on the site.

There’s only three of us in the solo category so far. 🙁

Come on people, sign up. This is the best course I have ever raced on.

Dancake
    Free Member

A measure of my fitness last year was bonking after the first lap and wondering if I should do the second… 😯

I did the second anyway, lost my phone and generally felt miserable! That said, there is a lot of ace stuff to ride on and I will go back!

This year, will go off more sedately, run 2×9 instead of 1×9 and not drink lots and lots of lager the night before.

whiter74
    Free Member

This is the best course I have ever raced on.

I’ll wait to see what the course is like first, as the old enduro now forms part of the new graded trail being built.So will they / won’t they cut some new single track ?

If they decide to use large parts of the new enduro,with an increased entry list this year(up to 500) it will be like riding on a duel carriage way. No fun it that,you can’t beat real single track and having to pick your lines. Not mention also the fact if it’s wet this new trail may get ruined.

Oh well we will have to wait and see I guess

drjohn
    Free Member

won’t they cut some new single track ?

that is the plan. The new 1st SW track will be used in the enduro route – it would be daft not to as the sections I’ve sneaked on are really special 😀
    Actually it is the old trails with shiny roots and exposed soil that deteriorate worse in the wet here in the Forest but dry uncompacted new trail can be hard work… believe me I have ridden the 4 laps every year so far. I think the important thing is to aim for a good balance to maintain interest.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

It looks like a good way to get into something fun. How would a noob cope with it?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Whilst every yea will be different I would say that its not technical.Based on the fact that I have ridden last years course in the rain on my SS CX bike.

Kevsterjw
    Free Member

How would a noob cope with it

I rode it last year fresh from hospital with collar bone pinned, my first enduro ever, I just walked the four of five tiny drops. Did two laps fine. (in the time others did 4 laps mind!)

amt27
    Free Member

I’ll wait to see what the course is like first

how? people aren’t going to know the course until the event actually happens

whiter74
    Free Member

because the GPS/route of the course will be availble in Aug from the site

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean MTB Enduro 2011’ is closed to new replies.