Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Forest of Dean Enduro 2012 (7th Edition) Entries Open
  • rdfcc
    Free Member

It might be wet now, but we all know it’s going to be sizzling in September.

Following a sell out in 2011, the Forest Of Dean Enduro is back for a 7th Edition on 23rd September 2012.

Course design by the RDFCC, headed up by Dr John. Using some of the less used trails of the Sallow Vallets Inclosure, the course is a mixture of flowing rooty singletrack, technical climbing and descents, mostly on natural surfaces. This is one of the toughest courses on the enduro calandar.

Starts time for different lap races will be spread out this year and with more categories to eliminate bottle necks.

Race Director is Brian Griffin.
    The Marshals and Officials will be members of the Severn Dean and Forest of Dean Lions Clubs and Friends of the Lions.
    Radio comms and route markers will be provided by the Forest of Dean Motor Club.
    Timing will be provided by Black Sheep Sport.
    The trails are used by permission of the Forestry Commission.
    First Aid will be provided by St Johns.
    Facilities for signing-on, results etc. will be provided by Pedalabikeaway.
    Marker post were provided by Forest Products.

Again, expect some Forest Of Dean related prizes and all profits will be going to local charities.

http://www.fodmbe.org.uk/dean_enduro_mtb.php

rdfcc
    Free Member

Less than 2 week to the FoD Enduro, don’t miss out, fees are due to rise on the 19th.

September 23rd 2012 will see the 7th Forest of Dean Enduro at Pedalabikeaway, Cannop Valley, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire GL16 7EH. Hosted by The Lions Club with the Royal Dean Forest Cycling Club.

Over an 8 mile course with classes for 1, 2 or 4 laps for individuals or teams of 4. Team riders will be set off at the same time, so can either ride together or race each other, with combined times deciding the winning teams.

The course comprises single track with some connecting fire road and the challenging sections have alternative routes for those not comfortable with the more extreme parts of the course.

This year’s course has been tweaked to avoid congestion on the first section of single-track and a new start / finish area will allow more spectators to show their support.

Chocolate Cup Cakes await the finishers. Water stops, breakdown cover, first aid and prizes for the various classes are provided.

All profits go to good causes in and around the Forest of Dean, including a significant donation to Dean Trail Volunteers who maintain the MTB trails in the Forest.

Last year an entry of 500 braved wet and muddy conditions and the entry list included a number of London 2012 Olympic contenders.

The event is sponsored by Pedalabikeaway where bike wash, shower and cafe facilities are available. Car parking is provided at Cannop and at Beechenhurst now linked to Cannop by a new bridge.

After 5 months of wet weather September must surely bring some sun!

Enter now at http://www.fodmbe.org.uk (entry fees will rise on the 19th Sept).

v666ern
    Free Member

already signed up – cant wait!

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

This is one of the toughest courses on the enduro calandar.

This bit worries me slightly.

fodmtb
    Free Member

There’s still time to enter. Single track conditions in the FoD very dry this week and looking good so far for the weekend.

Trimix
    Free Member

ooh, thats tempting. Last time I did it the course turned to mud and was not fun. Id love to do it in the dry.

*checks diary*

wilko1999
    Free Member

Did a lap of the enduro circuit yesterday morning, it was superb, can’t wait to do it again next Sunday. It was dry and fast all the way round, fingers crossed it stays this way!

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Don’t listen to Trimix – The mud last year made it an absolute hoot – great fun. 😀

Trimix
    Free Member

Well I found it soul destroying in the wet, sadly 🙁 – I couldnt properly ride a lot of the singletrack in the woods once it got really muddy.

If Id had the fitness to get out in front I reckon Id have been enjoying it more. But stuck in the middle I ended up in a que or walking most of the uphill singletrack as a lot of riders in front couldnt ride it, so we all ended up walking / pushing.

Shame really, normally in the muddy winter in the Chilterns Im fine riding round, but thats not with a few hundred others.

So this time (fingers crossed) it will be dry and I will love it.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Its lovely and dry down there today going to be dry week in Gloucestershire this week makes a change.

psling
    Free Member

Agree, if the weather stays as it is now the trails will be just about perfect next weekend 😀

(ps For anyone concerned about advancing years, the guy in the photo up there ^ will ride most things without fear and will burn the legs off many a youngster; there’s hope for all of us… 8) )

psling
    Free Member

So, who else has signed up for this one? It’s been dry all week, the trails are A1 and the forecast for Sunday is… rain! But, don’t let that put you off, It’ll still be a good’un 8)

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

So, who’s still going? At least the rain this year may be torrential enough to wash the mud off!!

….after 4hrs last year….

mokl
    Free Member

The course is riding beautifully and I’m confident you’ll enjoy it if not ridden it before. I minced around it today at the start of my ride. I hope the weather holds for those that are taking part.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I saw some new bits cut in for it today looks good.

didgy2
    Free Member

Been looking forward to this for ages as it’s local to me. Done the Marshbrook and Abergavenny enduros this year, lots of rides and miles on the road bike doing the hills, and then some sod kicked me in the ankle at football today! 🙁 sat here will ice but feels terrible, just hope i wake up and it’s all good 😀

v666ern
    Free Member

It might be wet now, but we all know it’s going to be sizzling in September.

lol – glad i only signed up for the one lap…that was ‘damp’

amt27
    Free Member

4 laps for me, 4th Masters, hurting now

first race since Mayhem, bike spent 3 weeks in the shop for various problems after that, hopefully it won’t have to go in again,

v666ern
    Free Member

fair play, i got to the tight section at the top (after the fly up drop off) and thought that was boggy for me, another 3 laps would be horrid!

any idea when the results go up, i didnt wait at PABA due to pee-ing rain!

Trimix
    Free Member

I did the 2 lap race.

It was great, dispite it raining on the second lap. First lap was just drizzle.

This time the course held up well and you could ride 99% of it. I did walk two muddy steep climbs – some rode them, but Im fat and running 1×10.

Brilliant course, great fun and a good crowd.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Forest of Dean Enduro 2012 (7th Edition) Entries Open’ is closed to new replies.