Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Forest Holidays -FoD
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Hi, has anyone stayed at the FoD Forest Holidays cabins? My wife and I are looking at staying there for a couple of days away 😉 in Nov/Dec and I was wandering what you thought? Thanks.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Bump!

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Hi – I’ve stayed in the ones at Cropton, which I think are exactly the same – fantastic, if a bit expensive. You’ll enjoy it, I’m sure.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Mitch – I thought it looked like you had a whale of a time. It certainly made me happy seeing your smiling face.

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

I didnt think you could see my face from that angle!

steelfan
    Free Member

I stayed at the Deerpark one a few years ago. If you have kids they’ll love it. The ranger activities were pretty good expecially the bat watch.
    The cabin was well kitted out even for a basic one and I think some even have hot tubs!

santacoops
    Free Member

Going there tomorrow for a long weekend actually. Not sure what ones as Mrs Coops booked it. Its 2 mins from Pedalabikeaway though. I’ll let you know how it was. 😀

psling
    Free Member

Haven’t stayed in them (I live just down the road) but they’re in a lovely spot (if you like rural) and there is nice cycling / walking from the doorstep.

santa – my guess is that you’re going to the Whitemead CSMA site 5 minutes or so from Pedalabikeaway. Nice clubhouse/spa there.

SammyC
    Free Member

Very very nice they are too. A bit like a posh centreparks but without the big swimming pool.

The night vision binocs are a bit of a gimmick though. 🙂

JEngledow
    Free Member

Talking of gimmicks I only think the wife wants to go there because they have log burning stoves and hot-tubs! 🙄

amt27
    Free Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1357296/UK-glamping-breaks-Alice-Beer-takes-trees.html

I dismissed Paul’s increasing concern; nothing could dampen my glee as half an hour later we were still coasting and the river finally came into sight. The girls were happy, and sipping hot chocolate with whipped cream as we watched the boats chugging through the valley just sealed our joy. But then as we left to head home, full of plans for exploring the forest and a barbecue on our terrace, the heavens opened.
    The first mile back up the hill wasn’t too bad but I lost it at the second. Stripped down to a T-shirt as I overheated, yet soaked to the skin and with my back throbbing, I searched for a comfortable way to push a tandem bike up a forest track.
    As the children ate the last of the chocolate rations, the countryside seemed very raw around us and the promised luxury of our cabin far away.
    I surrendered to my iPhone in search of some kind of forest taxi, (I was serious and had there been a signal I would have found one) and suggested we leave the bikes and come and get them later.
    This was the significant family-bonding moment when my lovely man broke out of his city shell and took control. Without so much as an ‘I told you this would be trouble’, he cajoled and coerced, pulled and praised, and got us back up that hill and on to the straight of the path to our cabin.
    We didn’t know whether to cheer or sob. Never, as we peeled off our sodden clothes, had there been a more welcome experience as a Kit Kat in a hot tub.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1357296/UK-glamping-breaks-Alice-Beer-takes-trees.html#ixzz1UisNwyub

santacoops
    Free Member

The cabin, facilities and the whole package was great. Didn’t have a hot tub, not for me, the thought of sitting in one while seeing all the neighbours in theirs at the same time made my skin crawl for some reason. Generally though, great stuff, trails were everywhere as well as Pedalabikeaway down the road, the new Verderer trail is pretty nice too, they’ve done a great job on that. There was literally nothing we could find wrong with the cabin. The best part is getting up and watching through the massive windows while the squirrels tear about the place outside.

All in all muchly recommended. 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Forest Holidays -FoD’ is closed to new replies.