Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Forerunner 310xt and Aftermarket HR Strap.
  • toys192
    Free Member

I have a kit tempo HR strap that works great with my phone. I have borrowed a Garmin Forerunner 310Xt to see if it will be better than lugging my phone with me on runs etc.
    I cant seem to get my HR strap paired. Is the Garmin limited to Garmin only straps?

mrjmt
    Free Member

I would assume your strap is possibly bluetooth, garmin will use ANT+

toys192
    Free Member

Doh. Correct.
    In which case new question:
    Is there a multisport watch that will work with my bluetooth smart HR strap?

craigxxl
    Free Member

If you’re wanting to stick with Garmin then the new watches are bluetooth compatible including Fenix 3, XT920, FR630, FR225 and FR235

CraigW
    Free Member

The Garmin watches only have Bluetooth for connecting to a phone, they won’t work with a Bluetooth Smart heart rate monitor.

Surely its cheaper and easier just to get a new heart rate monitor anyway? There are plenty that support both Ant+ and Bluetooth Smart.

toys192
    Free Member

Surely its cheaper and easier just to get a new heart rate monitor anyway? There are plenty that support both Ant+ and Bluetooth Smart.

I think you are correct. This was just one of those foolish moments like when you end up building a new bike because you have a spare titanium brake bolt that needs using up..

I can get the forerunner 310 with ant monitor for a ton so will probs do that..

toys192
    Free Member

For the money can I get anything better? I think this is a good deal £103 for the 310Xt and HR strap. I only want to record running cycling, walking, as recording laps of the pool is crazy. But the waterproofageness seems useful for MTBing.

Any other recommendations?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Forerunner 310xt and Aftermarket HR Strap.’ is closed to new replies.