Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • foremark resevoir mtb skills area
  • paulo6624
    Free Member

just been a ride around foremark resevoir (which is frozen over and looks awesome btw) there is a new woodland area which is mapped and on the map it clearly shows an mtb adventure/skills area, after an hour of riding around i couldnt find it has anyone come accross, been to it or even heard of it, i wasnt expecting the next whistler but would have liked to have a nose around. let me know what you thinks,

sparkerfix

Which side of the reser, Ticknall or Milton? Not heard or seen anything. Where did you see signs?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

[edited] cant make the link work[edited]

it is/was that loop you can just about make out in the satelite image, it was kind of like a very tame pump track but I’ve not been since about 2004 and it was overgrown then, in fact i’m not entirely sure its the bit i linked to.

Ride in allong the public entrance road and its through a stile/MX gate on the left. Not worth looking for unless they’ve worked on it recently.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

p.s. if you local theres a cheeky quarry nearby and robins wood is worth a look for cheeky DH trails.

markenduro
    Free Member

Suspect it is the bit mentioned by notaspoon, will have a look tomorrow when I’m over there. If it is, don’t bother. It was just a raised bank to ride around and has not been maintained so is all overgrown.

paulo6624
    Free Member

Great idea with the sat pic spoon. Spark there are several signs near the new wooded part but I couldn’t work it out via the mAp sounds very much lime what the guys above have said. I’ve heard of Robin wood but never been, where Is the quarry very interested in that?

vdubber67
    Free Member

If you’re riding around there, you presumably know all about the excelletn riding around Carvers Rocks? Intrigued by mention of quarry though, unless I’m missing something obvious. Ooooh. Also in that area is the mentally dangerous singletrack high above the river leading down to the weird caves….

paulo6624
    Free Member

i had never been riding to foremark untill today, i was heading up to carvers rocks at one point just to have a mooch around but i started sinking into a bog which i think used to be a field so not being bear grylis i turned back, sounds like i should have stayed on track.

sparkerfix

Will have a look tomorrow if we’re out that way

vdubber67
    Free Member

Carvers Rocks has some superb singletrack. Some really rocky and rooty little trails. There’s a STW ride guide on the main site that covers a lot of the other decent stuff in the area too.

paulo6624
    Free Member

nice thanks for that vdubber will deffo give that a look

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘foremark resevoir mtb skills area’ is closed to new replies.