• This topic has 50 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by GEDA.
Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Foreign country for 6months what 3 things not to leave behind
  • rkk01
    Free Member

The 5 would probably achieve that!!

molgrips
    Free Member

In that case, 63mm race bike and lycra.

mrsgrips
    Free Member

we won’t be needing condoms…

do they have Mayo? (not that Mol will care as he hates mayo and salad cream)

what abt malt vinegar for chips?

Do they do TexMex fixings in the groceries?

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

passport, wallet, camera.

mogrim

Cheers donsimon, though Carrefour Alcobendas is a bit of a drive for me – I end up ordering mail order from these guys: http://www.thefoodhall.es/

To the Grips: get out there, prebook a trip home in a month’s time, see what’s not available, and when you head back get it. There’s nothing critical you’ll need that you can’t get in Germany.

donsimon
    Free Member

OMG! The Food Hall has these.

Cheers mogrim

Whatever you do when you’re there don’t try any of the local fare as you might just find it’s better than in the UK.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ok, so Molly and erm…Jamie 😳

mogrim

donsimon, you really not seen the food hall before??? What kind of expat are you?

br
    Free Member

There use to be a ‘British’ shop in Cologne, we visited every month for Walkers Crisps, McVities Digestives and Tetley Tea.

molgrips
    Free Member

The only things I missed in Finland were tea and vinegar. Not because I refused the Finnish way but the Finnish way for chips is not to have vinegar, and the tea wasn’t to my taste 🙂

GEDA
    Free Member

Jelly babies, Shreddies, and proper sausages are what my kids want when we are in Sweden. Oh Fish and Chips but they might not travel so well.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Foreign country for 6months what 3 things not to leave behind’ is closed to new replies.