• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ford tourneo custom rear seats
  • sheeps

One for the singletrack hive mind…

Currently looking at a second hand Ford Tourneo Custom circa 2014 to replace our aged VW T4. One of the ones I have my eye on, has the first row of rear seats in conference style, i.e. facing backwards.

Does anyone know if it’s just a matter of unclipping them and turning them round, or are the fixings in the floor in a different place?

(the seller does not know, as he’s never thought to do it apparently!)

snownrock

We have one sat on the drive. I cant see how you could, it works in the caravelle because they have the seats on rails. The Tourneo has two sets of fixed mounting points. There are no mounting points directly behind the front seats that would be needed to do this in the Caravelle style, maybe the seats will run backwards in their current position but this would be pretty useless. Maybe it is some sort of aftermarket modification?

I would be very interested to know if I am indeed missing something though, we’ve had it for a year now.

Do you have a link to an advert or pictures?

snownrock

On another note, I highly recommend the Custom Tourneo, ours is great, but expensive to run. Make sure you go for the 8 seater, the 9 seater classes as a minibus and has van speed limits and you’ll struggle to insure it (the 8 seater is hard enough, we pay £500pa vs £200 for the Octavia it replaced). Ours is the 125HP model, it does 30mpg normally, can get 35mpg on a run.

Hopefully this thread is useful from when we were looking for ours last year.

snownrock

Oh and make sure it has had the upgraded front door hinges if it is older than a 17 plate (standard warranty repair).

sheeps

Thanks… I had read your earlier thread. Very useful.

I’ll let you know if I find anything about the rear seats

jonm81

If your seat rails look like this in our 2017 one then yes they can face either way.

scotroutes

I don’t think that’s correct. It’s not a minibus until it has 9 passenger seats.

snownrock

Scotroutes, thanks. All the insurers we spoken too refused to insure the 9 seater one saying its classed as a minibus, most refused to insure our 8-seater.

Our seat rails are like the photo above so you could run them the other way round then, I’m not sure how you would get into them though. There would also be a big gap between the back of the middle row and the back of the front seats.

scotroutes

Ours are insured as Taxis anyway 🙂

sheeps

Thanks… Might be just a matter of looking and trying. Just didn’t want to travel to see it if it was a non starter

sheeps

Bit of a thread revive…

In a pre-facelift (64 plate) version, the answer is no. Looks like it should, but there’s about 10mm difference in the position of the locking bars front and back related to the end of the recessed slot.

(I know it’s taken a while, but finally purchased a lwb one with 8 + 1 seats, and was now looking at options for stealth camping – a full conversion has *currently* been vetoed by MrsSheeps)

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ford tourneo custom rear seats’ is closed to new replies.