Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ford S-Max 7 Seater (or similar)
  • justatheory
    Free Member

Seven of us have decided to hire a car to drive to our ski resort from Geneva. My friend insists that a 7-seat people carrier will be roomy enough to accommodate us and all of our luggage. I’m sceptical that there will be enough room for luggage and would prefer to go with a 9 seater, for a bit more money.

If anyone has owned this type of car – or something similar – I’d be grateful if you could let me know how much luggage space there is, with all 7 seats up.

The Ford website says 285 litres, which sounds like nothing.

Mintman
    Free Member

I had one as a hire car once and I’d suggest that 7 people + ski gear will be asking a bit much of it.

21dwb
    Free Member

Having done a lot of long drives with luggage and multiple people you should always go as big as possible. 7 people with all that kit id say two 7 seaters, or something like a vw transporter 9 seater.

takisawa2

7 seats in an S-Max…very little luggage left over. Even something like a Kia Sedona / Renault Grand Espace has little left with 7 seats up. If the kit was soft bagged you might stand a chance, be very “cosy” though. 9-seater or a small hatch & a medium sized estate would be a better option, 4-up in the small one, 3 & all luggage in the eastate. Dont underestimate how much luggage if you pile it all up. 🙂

stabilizers

I own one. Great car but there is not a lot of room left in the back. We rented one like you are planning to and we failed miserably in the hire car park to pack the thing with 4 adults and 2 kids. Ended up having to upgrade which was pretty expensive. I suppose it might depends if you are travelling light and don’t mind sitting with bags on top of you. The hire companies don’t do decent roof racks or roof boxes either. I would upgrade or possibly go for 2 smaller cars.

TooTall
    Free Member

No chance – barely the room for 7 adults in a 7 seater. Go bigger or get 2 cars. Will you have skis / boards / boots as well? Really no chance if you have that lot. If you do as above and get 2 x cars, you have the option of putting 5 people in one car and 2 in the other if you really max out on space.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

why don’t you pop along to the local ford dealer and have a look at one?

if no one has their own skis/board/boots and you can get everyone to just bring one bag/suitcase and no one minds having most of the luggage on their knees, then I guess you could do it. The driver will be the only person who has a pleasant journey tho.

theflatboy
    Free Member

we just got an S-Max and with all 7 seats in use there’s not much other space. Wouldn’t be big enough.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ford S-Max 7 Seater (or similar)’ is closed to new replies.