Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ford focus reverse light fuse, where?
  • heisenberg
    Free Member

any owners of a ford focus 2ltr TDCI MK2 2006? reverse light is ok and new but light doesn’t turn on 😐

falkirk-mark

Owners Manual in glovebox?

heisenberg
    Free Member

looking for it atm actually, i know it is somewhere in the house 😡

heisenberg
    Free Member

cheers, but I swear I cannot find the “reverse light” fuse in them manuals .. I scan it twice 😐

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Usually its the reversing switch on the gearbox which fails. Easy fix.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Unlikely to have its own fuse i’de have thought. Probably grouped with something.

stu170
    Free Member

Not sure which one it is off the top of my head but it is in the back of the glove box group. Iirc

stu170
    Free Member

In fact thinking about it im gonna guess the fuse is ok. It is in fact the cup that the bulb sits in thats kaput. New cup is a couple of quid

wobbliscott
    Free Member

i had a non-working reversing light with a bulb that was fine on my Focus. Turned out it was corroded contacts. The housing that the bulb screws into is clearly not 100% waterproof – or not after some years, and with it being positioned in the wheel arch being sprayed with all the road crud time soon takes its toll. The bulb holder/housing plugs into the loom, so you can remove it. I was all set to buy a new one, but decided to give cleaning up the contacts a go, so with a bit of fine wet’n’dry I sorted out the corrosion and it worked fine after that.

I don’t think individual light bulbs have their own fuses – they are in effect fuses in themselves. Probably why you’re struggling to find it.

core

^ What he said.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ford focus reverse light fuse, where?’ is closed to new replies.