Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ford Focus MK2 2006 – Driver side lock/barrel issue
  • xc-steve
    Free Member

Hey all have had a search but once again feel the STW wisdom may help. The barrel on my drivers door doesn’t enjoy being unlocked about 80% of the time, the 20% of the time it unlocks it doesn’t feel stiff in fact just feels normal. When it doesn’t unlock it feels like its not turning at all. I took it to our garage (none ford) and they sprayed it up and it worked like normal for a while but has just started to play up again.

The garage suggested I get a remote locking system installed which is fine but I don’t really know where to start with such a task so does anyone know where I can start/should start looking/done it yourself etc.

Or alternatively is it possible to simply put different barrels in not too bothered about remote locking my 20 year old polo did me fine.

Cougar

Swap it with the passenger door lock?

sq225917
    Free Member

Not sure of the Mk2 on the mk1 swapping new barrels in was easy once you had the door cards off. (Focus 1.8 collection, full electrics pack and remote central locking.

The FFOC forum is the place to ask.

xc-steve
    Free Member

cool shall check them out thanks for the pointer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ford Focus MK2 2006 – Driver side lock/barrel issue’ is closed to new replies.