Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Ford Fiesta Roof Bar Woes
  • flossie
    Free Member

My wife changed her car recently and has bought a 62 plate two door Fiesta.
    We both ride, so I’d like to fit roof bars to take fork mount bike mountings but am struggling to find a Thule foot kit or even any mourning points on the car.

Do any of you have any experience of fitting a roof rack to a two food Fiesta, if indeed it’s possible?

Thanks in advance

Floss

sweepy
    Free Member
    flossie
    Free Member

Sweepy, The Roof Box Co was my first port of call but those feet only fit into the door opening and won’t go far enough apart to accept a bike carrier.

wwaswas

Go to a Ford dealer and ask what the options are. They’ll have all the details on fittings etc. Often no more expensive than Thule.

drlex
    Free Member

Seasucker? Then you can re-use on her next car/your car/hire car at the airport.

Well-reviewed on road.cc earlier in the year, and were on a Black Friday deal on Amazon last week, which annoyingly I missed.

parkesie
    Free Member
    satchm00
    Free Member

Might not be a marker for it mine clip in between rear window grove.

I have found this though

Fitting Fiesta Roof Bars – Ford Fiesta MK7 (2008-)

Which looks useful!

sweepy
    Free Member

Have a look at the fitting instructions Flossie, it uses a short fitting kit so the rear bar is behind the door, from the look of things the bars will be 650mm apart, is that enough for the bike rack?

matt_outandabout

I saw a picture of a Fiesta rack having come undone on motorway with kayaks on board last week… Be careful not to over rely on these ‘barely holding’ feet…

I would rather look at good boot or towbar mount.

sweepy
    Free Member

Indeed, i’ve just got an 05 fiesta without checking and i’ll have a 16′ prospector on top. I don’t think i’ll chance 2 with the uprights tho’

sweepy
    Free Member

double yolker

DickBarton

I’ve a 14 plate 3 door and it fits fine and can take 3 Thule bike racks…

stumpy01

My Ibiza is similar to this. The bars clamp onto the rear window/roof edge and onto the frame around the front door. The Ibiza has two holes in the door frame that spikes on the front rail go I,to.

The roof bars came with the car (previous owner used them for a roof box) and they are Seat branded, so perhaps contact the dealer.

parkesie
    Free Member

The kit i linked to on ebay bolts into the roof chanels requires the rubber filler to be removed and cut to fit and re stuck if i remember rightly.

Edit

I do remember rightly
    How to fit

Cferg
    Free Member

Ive got the same car albeit a newer version, got the roof rack from a ford dealer, sits quite happily on both front and rear. Just need to make sure the distances between feet are correct and its tight enough to secure itself onto the roof. Ive had no issues with it, works as it should really.

slowoldman

Two food Fiesta?
    Window Grove?

I don’t understand.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Ford Fiesta Roof Bar Woes’ is closed to new replies.