• This topic has 44 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by trb.
Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • For you road riding mountain bikers…
  • Junkyard
    Free Member

MTB – go anywhere and avoid traffic
    Road bike – restricted routes and traffic

Suspect there is more roads than bridleways for everyone so not sur ethat is true
    I tend to MTB with people and road alone. If only a few hours road as it is a better work out and I cannot be bothered with stop star in a short space of time. You get much further distances on a road bike so that can also be a factor if I feel like travelling. I can also do a long loop on the way home so I can cycle /train easily.
    Both are fun for different reasons

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Most of the 'rules' and 'etiquette' are just common courtesy that has built up to keepo everyone safe and happing riding in a fast paced group.

Most
    😉

I remember thinking of joining the Buxton CC. I took one look at their website and decided against it. All I could see was timetrial this and race that. That's not why I ride. If it had said "come out for a nice pootle on the quiet lanes of the Peak District with some like-minded souls" I may have been tempted 😆

clubber
    Free Member

I think that'd be a tourist club you're after 😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

All I could see was timetrial this and race that.

Road club in road racing and tt'ing shocker. A lot of their members are probably interested in that side of things, with varying degrees of seriousness.

There is probably plenty of sociable clubs runs too, you'll never know if you don't go chat to them.

trb
    Free Member

My Local trails (bridleways) tend to be deep in mud in winter, deep in nettles in summer and not technically demanding enough to make it worth the hassle of spending more time cleaning than riding especially now the kids have put a strict limit on the available riding time. So rides from home are more often the road (CX) bike which is also good enough for a blast down the rdigeway if the fancy takes me.

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘For you road riding mountain bikers…’ is closed to new replies.