Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • For those who live in Luton>
  • crotchrocket
    Free Member

my deepest sympathy.

HTH

crotchrocket
    Free Member

sorry – wrong forum.

samuri
    Free Member

lol! I went there once, it was frigging awful.

Plus I've been to the airport. Worst landing ever, properly nasty sidewinds, the plane was tilting in the sky voilently, I could have sworn the wing touched the ground at one point. When the wheels eventually did make contact it was like the pilot had decided it was now or never and just cut all power to the engines, we fell like a stone, crashed to the ground and all the overhead compartments opened throwing the baggage in them over everyone.

The music they were playing over the tannoy? 'I am sailing' by Rod Stewart.

Keando

Why do Lutonians need your symathy?

Jamie
    Free Member

It's a football thing.

….plus Luton is pretty shite….but then I live in Peterborough so should shut up.

Keando

A football thing – I'm a season ticket holder and been through all that has gone on over the last few years. They seem to have got things on a level field now with finances etc, just need to get back into the league

I live in Luton and like all places it has its pro's and con's. Worked in Peterborough and I'd agree that there are areas that are just as bad.

At least we have hills around here 🙂

mugsys_m8

I had the joy of living there for 2 years whilst going to the university. My first uni experience was moving into halls of residence about 500m from where there had been riots 3 months previously.. and then getting mugged.

Moving from there to Sheffield to go to uni was like going to heaven, esp for a climber!

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

I believe Prince Charles once described Luton as being the worst place he'd ever visited. Having lived in Dunstable for several years, I'd be inclined to agree.

At least we have hills around here

Where?

Jamie
    Free Member

Where?

About 2 hours down the road.

MadCowKev
    Free Member

Does anyone ride near Luton?

kimbers

was born in luton and grew up in dunstable!

its ok having the downs right behind my parents house is great

its not the most inspiring place to live but i lived near slough for a while and that was much much worse!

Keando

Lived in the Stopsley area of Luton all my life and seen a lot of changes I agree but not had an issues myself.

Worked on Marsh Farm when the riots occurred – was interesting going into work in the following days.

Not sure you can class Dunstable as better, the place seems to be almost a ghost town.

Jamie – Certainly more hills than Peterborough…

bigbloke
    Free Member

LOL…thats rich coming from you Crotchrocket 😉

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘For those who live in Luton>’ is closed to new replies.