Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • For the older amongst us, this might bring back memories…
  • aP
    Free Member

Click the pic

druidh
    Free Member

Phail

gusamc
    Free Member

I’m still using me Univega 509 (*road tyres pub bike), my Giant Terrago is a stable bike for a mates wife and my Mount Vision (round) is another mates wifes bike.

aP
    Free Member

Hmmm – and I previewed it as well. Shrugs.

johnnystorm

Wow. I lusted over some of those bikes back in the day. They look atrocious now. Pleased to be reminded of the OnZa Octopus tyre. 😆

johnnystorm

Oh. And the pic appeared once I’d viewed the link.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I still have some M900 XTR f+r mechs, rear XT M737 mech, M737 crankset, Machinetech front hub, Hope Suspension hub, and a pair of Ringlé TiStix skewers what to be honest aren’t as good as a set of basic Shimano ones really.

The rest of the kit is proper quality gear. Better than current offerings in that respect, imo.

Is it just me, or does that Cannondale look like a Moulton?

mrmo
    Free Member

ok, i am old, i remember seeing those ads when they first came out.

And yes i know they’re crap but i really want a tioga disc drive, nothing but nothing has the same prescence, the sound as one rips round the woods……

jruk
    Free Member

Those were the days…really regret selling my old Bonty (esp since it had Manitou 3s, Revolvers and proper sized chain rings – what is it with 42t ‘big’ rings?).

Pooley
    Free Member

I lusted after nearly all of those. Especially the GT Xizang. Spin wheels too. I wonder how many of them survive today?

matt_outandabout

Anyone got old Orange ads? Especially the ones with the E3(?) on and the ‘take the pith out the opposition’ – and can Orange re-release that on a t-shirt…

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

I use to have some of those Ringle hubs, seat post and bottle cages in green. I also had one of those AMP 3 frames but with RS mag21 on it 😳

I use to have loads of old brochures had most of the Cannondales from the early ninety’s onwards. Think the only one i’ve got left is an old Merlin Cycle works with the original price list somewhere.

mintimperial

Oh man, the MBUK page with the Smoke and Dart review and the Manitou 3s, that’s like a timewarp back to my fourteen-year-old self. I remember reading that very page incredibly clearly. Crazy.

I needed those tyres though, no mum, you don’t understand, I *need* them, what’s this? Oh, more socks FINE. Never did get a Smoke and Dart set, oh well…

filks

Lusted after most of that kit. Still remember when a full XT dream bike was £600! I am now something of a cliched fat mid thirties pootler rather than skinny whippet.

Still using my Ringle H2O bottle cage to this day, still looking good as new – don’t make things like they used to….much stronger and lighter these days!

Northwind

There was a chap racing on a Xizang at 10 Under the Ben when we were there… He was kind enough to not believe I was old enough to have lusted after one first time round :mrgreen:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘For the older amongst us, this might bring back memories…’ is closed to new replies.