Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)
  • For the married – do you wear a wedding ring?
  • ski
    Free Member

Been married for 15 years, last month, I removed my wedding ring for the first time, after a accident which caused my fingers/hand to swell up.

(must not try to lift heavy wet logs in the rain, in slippy mud) 😉

Now that its off and I have a nice little tan mark on my wedding finger where it used to be, been thinking of not replacing it, my Mrs does not seem to mind if I wear one or not, so its cool with her.

But it did get me wondering how many married men, or for that matter, married ladies dont wear a wedding ring?

I guess Mr Cruise will be taking his off for a different reason…

CHB

Yes, wear mine 24/7.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nah, lost it off a necklace around my neck whilst windsurfing in Perth WA. At the time it was the best place for it to lay, never replaced it.

weeksy

yup, always wear it.

Clobber
    Free Member

Nope, never had one even though married

camo16
    Free Member

On and off. Sometimes I take it off at home and forget to put it back on. When I do see it again, it’s straight back on. No pressure from Mrs16 to wear it all the time BTW.

alfabus
    Free Member

i wear mine all the time… occasionally take it off when biking (if I remember, just in case of crash and hand swelling).

messiah
    Free Member

No; my knuckle is big and my finger is skinny, the ring I had rattled about and bugged the hell out of me. When I lost it we decided not to replace it.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Always. Although I do have a habit of fiddling with my ring.

falkirk-mark

Do not like or own one even though married.

joao3v16
    Free Member

Got one, wore it for a few weeks after we married, didn’t like the feeling of it when gripping my handlebars 😕 so stopped wearing it. It’s on my keyring now.

GrahamS

I take mine off every night and put it on again in the morning.

Also take it off if I’m doing something oily or dirty.
    And when I wash my hands.
    And when I cycle to the office and I’m all sweaty.

Used to take it off while driving as I didn’t like the feel of it. But got used to that now.

chiefgrooveguru

Yes, except when riding a bike or horse or asleep.

ditch_jockey

wear mine most of the time – I have a nice thick chain round my neck I keep it on if I’m climbing, as I had a painful accident a couple of years back involving me catching my finger on a hold while I was wearing it. It’s the only thing the wife and I have which is matching that we’re prepared to wear at the same time 🙂

ski
    Free Member

From greeble link, quite like that idea

trb
    Free Member

Used to, but then I lost it, so now I don’t

redted
    Free Member

Had one against my will first time round, hated it only because I’ve never liked jewellery (chains, rings earrings etc.) Only wore it to appease her insecurities.

I lasted 2 years and first thing I got rid of when I left, got the princely sum of 9 quid.

Second time round my wife bought me a watch. It is a nice one and while not especially rare or irreplaceable, I wear it every day, with great sentimentallity and other than my family, it is the only thing I would run back into the house for if it was on fire.

I’m hoping it will become like Butch’s watch in Pulp Fiction in years to come as it goes through our family!

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

Yes, but wear it on my middle finger now as I’ve lost a lot of weight and it slides off my ring finger too easily now.

rocketman
    Free Member

Have never been one for jewellery and I lost my first wedding ring on day #1 of the honeymoon while swimming in the sea it just slipped off. Out of a sense of duty I wore the replacement all the time but I used to climb and eventually the constant scraping took its toll and it became damaged and ovalised

I only wear it now for social occasions it looks like a school metalwork project

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Only time mine has been off in eight years was for the nine weeks I was in hospital. It feels odd to not have it on.

therealhoops
    Free Member

Always, but only to fend off the honeyz.

I’m gorgeous me.

GrahamS

Those that don’t wear one: how do you fight the women off?

john_drummer
    Free Member

Yes. It won’t come off as my fingers, like the rest of me, have, er “grown” a bit since we got married

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Not married but knew if I did I would never wear a ring. I hate them slopping about. I used to work on a farm and it would just have got in the way and DIY and car repairs cause the same issues for me. My dad nearly lost a finger when a ring he wore got caught in something he was working on.

Occasionally I wear a dress ring (we are talking a few times a year) on social occasions but often I have to take it off as it starts getting on my nerves, as like the person above my finger is much smaller than my joint.

Also although I am a very faithful person I don’t like to feel or look owned.

Other women seem find my attitude to wedding rings hard to cope with, I don’t know why its any issue as it does not affect what they choose to do.

MarinNo8
    Free Member

I been wearing one since we got married in 2007. It’s only a simple tungsten steel one with rounded edges. Only take it off when I do boxercise. Although pre wedding I did a Welsh Ambulance CFR course and whinced when the instructor showed a picture of ‘ de-gloving’ yuck!!

greyman
    Free Member

Just tried removing mine, and it won’t come off … hmmmm
    May revisit that at home later !

nwgiles

i have one but was always taking it off for sports.
    then lost it,
    found it,
    put it safe
    no longer have the wife

but felt weird wearing it

ir_bandito
    Free Member

yup. despite regular polishing at the jewellers, its scratched up like anything, but it was hand-made at the same time as my wife’s and I couldn’t imagine not wearing it. (She doesn’t mind that its all scratched, it suits me)

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Yep, do take it off to type as it drives me nuts – never liked watches/rings or sleeves rolled down. Pop it on my desk lamp to keep it safe but have left it behind a few times recently, not deliberately as I know it upsets Mrs Cat if I don’t have it on, so I do wear it most of the time. No real biggie TBH

Drac

Never had one, I’m not keen on them and it’ll be nuisance at work.

monkeyboyjc

yep – i’ve a titanium one as its a little more subtle than a gold one, also its less likly to deform over the years (it hasent yet after 8)….

jota180
    Free Member

With difficulty

anyway, no
    It was our 25th yesterday and she sort of suggested it but soon realised it was futile
    Too dangerous for a lot of the stuff I do and I don’t do jewellery anyway

binners

brakes
    Free Member

I would, but I lost it about a year ago. will replace it when I can swallow the cost of replacement, or the wife finds out…

crankboy
    Free Member

I wear mine all the time it’s a simple tianium band so does not adversly impact on my life and will last for ever.

Stuey01
    Free Member

I wear one. I like it.

It comes off for anything where it is likely to get lost, damaged or do me a mischief, e.g. swimming or lifting weights in the gym.

Bikingcatastrophe
    Free Member

I did and wore it all the time. Until a couple of years ago when it fell off into a skip (didn’t notice it had gone until later on). Haven’t got around to replacing it yet. Mrs BC remembers every now and then a suggest we replace it. I agree – but not got around to it yet. Definitely not a jewellery type although I did get used to wearing it.

As for

Not a problem I have to face on a regular basis. Well, on any basis tbf!

GrahamS

My dad nearly lost a finger when a ring he wore got caught in something he was working on.

instructor showed a picture of ‘ de-gloving’ yuck!!

Yep, that’s why I take it off when doing stuff like that.

despite regular polishing at the jewellers, its scratched up like anything

will replace it when I can swallow the cost of replacement

Titanium FTW on both counts.

nols
    Free Member

yep, been married 7 years now, wear it all the time except at Jiu Jitsu, although its smooth I wondered want to hurt anyone with it by accident. Cant say I really notice it when its on, although I miss it if I leave it off for some reason.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 99 total)

The topic ‘For the married – do you wear a wedding ring?’ is closed to new replies.