Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • For the djs out there -traktor content
  • ac505
    Free Member

Dilemmaville….. Do I keep my technics and buy a tractor z2 or drop the vinyl angle, sell the 1210’s (which could possibly be a more emotional experience than selling one of my kids) and pick up a traktor s2?

The s2 takes up less space in the man cave, can be linked to an ipad to run if a laptop is not available and looks like fun to use and easy to learn.

The z2 needs a dedicated laptop, (I’d probably have to replace mine to keep everything running smoothly) so in all, will cost a lot more. But I then get time code along with vinyl and have an excuse to keep the technics.

.??

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

time coded vinyl FTW

Markend
    Free Member

Never sell the Technics, you will only regret it!

I went for Pro2 with the X1 and it’s great. Traktor on the ipad as well for just messing about but you can also get creative with ipad and X1. All sorts of possibilities.

grum
    Free Member

I’m keeping my 1210s. I’ve got Serato to use with them but a DJ controller is very convenient to take out and about with you. I’ve only used a cheapo Numark Mixtrack Pro but it’s surprisingly decent IMO.

devash
    Free Member

I used to have Numark turntables, Pioneer CDJs and a proper mixer but sold them all to buy a Kontrol S4, which I used for 3 years DJing in Leeds at house parties and clubs before selling it to my mate this summer.

The S4 was a fantastic bit of kit for house parties but it was nowhere near as fun to mix on as vinyl / CD in clubs and the sound quality wasn’t quite as good as a proper decks n mixer setup.

I had a Kontrol X1 and timecode vinyl for a bit and to be fair I really enjoyed mixing with that as well, seemed like the best of both worlds, so a X1, sound card and decks option would be a good second bet.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Slight OT but the IPAD ap is crazy good! Spent last weekend pissing around on it with my mate 😀 TBH plenty good unless your actually playing out, now just need to work out how to stream ipad audio to my stereo without buying into the whole ecosystem.

willard

As above, I sold my 1210s and there is not a day that goes by that I don’t regret it.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Do not sell your 1210s seriously.

rewski
    Free Member

Willard plus 1s & 2s.

A lot of the new deep house tracks I like are only available on vinyl. Massive fail on my part.

rewski
    Free Member

Thinking about buying one of the new pioneers, like 1210s with more lights

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’ve got to admit I love playing with a full midi set up, playing with Traktor and a dedicated effects controller and the remix decks opens up a lot of opportunity for interesting stuff which you can’t really do with just traditional vinyl.

That said, timecode vinyl and the z2 might be the best of both worlds for you. You’d miss the decks if you got rid for sure.

ac505
    Free Member

damn it, you lot are probably right. I guess another option could be to go with an S4, the decks will plug straight in to that. If I am finding I am not using the 1210’s, then simple enough to sell them…

plyphon
    Free Member

Don’t sell the 1210’s!

Interestingly with Pioneers 1210 copy having just come out I think we will see a resurgence in turntables being in club environments.

Interestingly x2: When we were putting on house and techno nights last year every DJ we had booked (Jackmaster, Midland, Levon Vincent, to name a few) insisted on 1210’s with a Serato box.

If you’re playing out in clubs bare in mind you will look like a wally DJing with anything other than a 1210 + DVS or CDJ setup. Laptop only DJs are a no no and strange hyper future controller DJs are just trying too hard.

rewski
    Free Member

I’ll buy your 1210s 😉

ac505
    Free Member

whatever I buy will be purely for my own indulgence. My old Intimidation mixer (remember them?) has seen much better days and I need to get into the 21st century………

plyphon
    Free Member

Buy a new mixer for starters- Allen and Heath have just released a very affordable two channel.

evel_kneivel
    Free Member

I’ve gone from using Traktor Scratch Duo to now owning a Z2 so had a DVS setup for quite a long time. The Z2 is an amazing piece of kit and it’s clear to see that a lot of thought has gone into integrating it with the Traktor software.

If you’re fairly hands on with your turntables I think using a controller like the S2 could be a bit frustrating. I’d highly recommend the Z2 but if you already have a mixer it might be worth just looking at getting the Traktor Scratch A10 soundcard & software and a small midi controller. I used to have an Akai LPD8 for Scratch Duo which was mapped to do pretty much everything that the Z2 can do.

Ceebug
    Free Member

Definately use Pro2 with timecode vinyl and an X1. Its the perfect setup….

wilko1999
    Free Member

Sold my 1210s a while ago, I was seriously strapped for cash. I now have 800 records sat in boxes not getting mixed or scratched. I could easily get some more (if I saved up the cash that is), but they wouldn’t be MY 1210’s. There are many others like them, but those were mine!

rewski
    Free Member

@plyphon – Levon Vincent? That’s no ordinary techno night, he’s for the real deep techno heads, love these games ep on novel. What’s he like? Loving Anthony Naples sound, mostly on vinyl. Brothers & sisters comp on Mister-Saturday-Night-Records is getting played a lot.

[video]http://youtu.be/FFR1CboigGg[/video]

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘For the djs out there -traktor content’ is closed to new replies.