• This topic has 16 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Jamie.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • For Garmin Vivoactive HR fans
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Coming out 4th Quarter 2017. Basically a baby Fenix 5, but with Garmin Pay. RRP from £279-£299.

[img]https://static.garmincdn.com/en/products/010-01769-20/v/cf-lg.jpg[/img]

Not sure it the updated design, and few extras is enough to warrant an upgrade, but for those in the market for a smart watch it’s certainly an interesting proposition. Garmin Pay sounds intriguing,but not sure I would trust Garmin with banking data, given some of the interesting software issues I’ve had with them over the years. Although I think it’s been outsource to FitPay.

Feature comparison of Vivoactive V3, Vivoactive HR and new Vivomove.

DC Rainmakers preview.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keVnLKQjSy0[/video]

Also announced is Vivomove HR and a Vivosport.

wwaswas

Looks good. I couldn’t wear my Vivoactive HR if I worked in a ‘smart dress’ environment – it’s just too chunky – but that would be fine.

Drac

Oooooh!

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I’m a happy wearer of a 910xt … had it since it came out and it’s done me proud but I only use it for running these days and upgrading the data is a bit of a pain

Should I get this new one…. what do you think will be better/worst please?

Oh and when I say running I mean Ultra/trail marathon type running

ta

epicsteve
    Free Member

I’d be tempted by one of those. I thought it’d only be a matter of time before the Vivoactive HR got itself packaged up into something a bit smarter because good looks are about the only thing the current one is missing.

Sandwich

Not for me unless there’s a leather or metal strap option. The silicon ones generate contact dermatitis on my skin.

Jamie
    Free Member

Should I get this new one…. what do you think will be better/worst please?

Oh and when I say running I mean Ultra/trail marathon type running

It’s 12hrs ish for GPS battery life. So depending on the distances, that might not be enough?

The Forerunner 935 and Fenix 5 all have up to 24hrs on GPS. Upto 50/60 in UltraTrac mode.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I couldn’t wear my Vivoactive HR if I worked in a ‘smart dress’ environment – it’s just too chunky

I can only assume you have smeagol-like wrists.

wwaswas

Not for me unless there’s a leather or metal strap option.

they use standard watch straps and standard pins to hold them in place on the watch body.

I changed the one on my Vivoactive HR to a leather strap as I had the same issue.

DickBarton

Assuming the huge face is on trend then it looks good. Personally, I think it is awful…why the need for such chunky watches? They catch on more things and get bumped/knocked more.

I’ve no issues with my Vivoactive Hr…but that new one just shouts Hit Me!

Drac

It’s 12hrs ish for GPS battery life. So depending on the distances, that might not be enough?

If it’s anything like the Vivoative HR you can charge while it records, obviously it won’t record your HR but everything else does.

Assuming the huge face is on trend then it looks good. Personally,

Hard to tell as to me it doesn’t appear to be huge.

Jamie
    Free Member

why the need for such chunky

It’s all the bobbins inside. They’d make it smaller if they could I assume.

Plus you have to have a certain size screen so it can be used/seen easily. Especially with it being touchscreen.

The new version is 2mm thinner FWIW.

I like the chunky/retro design of the Vivoactive HR, but I do really dislike the HR bump. This solves that. But for a price.

prawny

I like it, I wear my VA HR 24/7 even though I’m supposed to be smart at work. I just work on the fact that people know I’m a bit of a fit knob anyway so they think nothing of it. I do much prefer the look of that one.

I’m really interested in the new Vivomove HR, although I can’t see that it’s got any GPS which is a shame, if it had it would do me as my only watch I reckon.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Thanks Jamie … the 935 looks good but at 450 notes the 910 can carry on for a good while yet.

spawnofyorkshire

I’m really interested in the new Vivomove HR, although I can’t see that it’s got any GPS which is a shame, if it had it would do me as my only watch I reckon.

Yep, no GPS. I’m tempted by the Vivomove HR for everyday wear and then use my Vivoactive HR when i need GPS

Jamie
    Free Member

Thanks Jamie … the 935 looks good but at 450 notes the 910 can carry on for a good while yet.

The price does seem to get a bit (mild understatement) pricey when you go to the longer life batteries.

If the 910 is doing a job then stick with it.

Jamie
    Free Member

October 5th apparently. Amazon already reduced the price to £259. Annoyingly the slate black is still £299.

Still not sure why the price bump.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘For Garmin Vivoactive HR fans’ is closed to new replies.