Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • For fun, how many times do you repair?!
  • John_Rowlands
    Free Member

What is the most times have you patched a tube up? My spares are up to six at the moment, am i tight?! 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

way more probably about 10 ish till they cant be fixed if they go oin same place – reuse and all that

carlphillips
    Free Member

before i went tubeless i think my fav tube had around 12 patches, why buy new ones when patches are just fine..? i dont understand the logic of buying new…patches are cheaper.

Hornet600
    Free Member

4 patches and bin! Cheaper to buy new tube than patches!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I just keep on mending them, Usually you end up with a rip or patches overlapping after a while but half a dozen patches or more would not be unusual

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

I counted 13 once, but I was poor then (still am really)

simondbarnes

Hornet600 – Member

4 patches and bin! Cheaper to buy new tube than patches!

Huh? Patches are about 20p each.

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Got to 19 once as a student. It was when I found myself putting a patch over the thorn hole in a big patch mending a flint slit I stopped.

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Loads more replies than i expected. I find it quite theraputic to repair spare tubes after a shower and a cup of coffee to hand! 😀

z1ppy

About 17 on a slime tube, after putting the last 6 on I found another 6, one of which was irapairable so retired it :D. Slime tubes are ace, but when they do eventually go down your likely to find 5 holes it was sealing fine until that last one overwells it.

Weldites puncture patch (large 6"*3" patch of the old style rubber/peel off patches that you cut up) & a large tube of their glue is the answer to cheap plentiful repairs.

TheGingerOne

I just counted 13 on one of my spare inner tubes. I easily get up to 15 or more. And even then get disappointed when I have to bin one.
    Given a 155mm x 95mm patch strip costs maybe £2 and fixes many many punctures, it seems quite wasteful not too.

hilldodger
    Free Member

I keep meaning to mend them but never do, there's at least half a dozen in the shed needing a patch 😳

DaveVanderspek
    Free Member

About four, then it goes in the bin.

uplink
    Free Member

Tube??

Is that that thing I have in my Camelbak for emergency repairs but never use?

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Are you a "roadie" then uplink?! 😆

uplink
    Free Member

No – well sometimes – just a convert to the way of tubeless 🙂

singlespeedstu

I don't repair my tubes.

I just hang them off trees next to the manmade singletrack at trail centres.

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I give up if the patches have to overlap.

then went tubeless!

onewheelgood

I think 23 was my record. Then I started to worry about how much it weighed, so I bought a new one.

Houns

Bunch of pikeys..Go Tubeless

crazy-legs

One of the jobs of the guides at a holiday company I've been with a couple of times was mending the punctured tubes from the fleet of hire bikes. If a guest punctured during a ride they'd take the tube and just sling it into the back-up jeep whenever it met up with us; at the end of a week it wasn't uncommon to have 30 tubes needing patching. I think their record was about 40 patches on one tube!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Used to repair inner tubes whenever I got a puncture, now I never bother, bought a load of inner tubes from tesco's and they were about £1.20 each so not worth the effort repairing punctured ones.

shaggie
    Free Member

I got to 22

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘For fun, how many times do you repair?!’ is closed to new replies.