Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Foot injury – Going back to flats for a while – Goodbye shins
  • mjsmke

So during the Twentyfour12 the inside of my left ankle started hurting but there was no visible swelling or bruising. It was enough to make me ease off a bit but not bad enough to make me stop so I just ignored it. The next day I’d completely forgotten about it as there was no pain at all walking around and driving home, until I went for a ride last night and it started hurting quite a bit but was fine as soon as I took my SPD shoes off (Specialized Comps). I think its where the padding sits quite snug under my ankle bone (the bit that sticks out).

There’s still no swelling and wearing normal shoes walking around seems to be fine with no pain at all. I’ve got some old five tens so going to pick up some flat pedals this evening and hope they will allow me to keep riding. Not ridden on flats for years so this will be interesting! I have the next 3 weeks off work and the trails are nice and dry, I cant be off the bike injured!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Big pins on those pedals. Yes seems more lethal but less likely to slip of in the first place.

Most of mine have come from wheeling the bike out the house though and catch the pedals as I go.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Try adjusting your foot position to be mid foot over the axle rather than ball of the foot. Less likely to push the bike away from you when you leave the ground.

grazze53317
    Free Member

Taking out the front middle pin should help the shins to.

mjsmke

Just picked up some Wellgo Magnesium ones which feel quite nice. Thanks for the tips! I like the idea of removing the front middle pin!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Foot injury – Going back to flats for a while – Goodbye shins’ is closed to new replies.