• This topic has 11 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by rhid.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • foot in cast and going back to work
  • rhid

I suffered a small fracture in my ankle and soft tissue damage aftet a bike crash on Saturday. Went to A and E yesterday where it was x-rayed and they suggested putting it in a cast for a week to help it heal. I was off work yesterday and today resting it and mentioned to them I’d be back tomorrow if all was good.

I am just wondering if this is wise? It’s obviously still painful to put weight on and I’m hobbling around on crutches! My dwork is mostly desk desk based so it not like I’m on my feet all day. So do.I just be brave and go in tomorrow or have another day or 2 with my feet up resting it?

I know ultimately its up to me but having never suffered an injury like this before its all new to me! Any advice from experts or anyone been in a similar situation? The a and e nurse just said rest it. Didn’t really say for how long. Any suggestions?

trail_rat
    Free Member

Have you told work your on crutches – assuming your employed by someone.

We are not allowed into work on crutches ….. Wheelchairs are ok but crutches are a no no – according to HSE dept

binners

LadyGresley
    Free Member

And how are you going to get to work??

rhid

Good point! I will look into this. I’m.sure I have seen someone on crutches before. I will check this though!

rhid

My gf works at the same place so lifts are easy!

soobalias
    Free Member

can you do your work?
    well get on with it then you lazy good for nothing……

john_drummer
    Free Member

And how are you going to get to work??

+1

left or right foot?
    When I broke my left ankle nearly 9 years ago, driving was a problem as my then car didn’t have an automatic gearbox. (actually I’ve never owned a car with an automatic gearbox but that’s beside the point)

They dropped me off a laptop & router & I worked from home until I was driving again. I think that set the precedent, I now WFH 4 days a week, as do at least 2 of my colleagues.

If it’s just one week & you’re salaried, take a week off sick

binners

Get used to it…

Lifer
    Free Member

Fractured my elbow last Tuesday so had a couple of days off work, came back yesterday and just got a sick day for tomorrow because it’s absolutely freaking killing me. It’s a bugger because it’ll take me another 2/3 days to catch up when I come back but definitely need to rest it.

Which is what I’d recommend to you, especially with the faff of crutches!

rocketman
    Free Member

Have been to work in plaster a couple of times. First time I could work but I couldn’t drive so they paid for a taxi for 9 weeks. Second time involved crutches there was some issue in relation to H&S and fire but I wasn’t really listening. Taxi to work and back again great success

rhid

I do love homes under the hammer….

Because I have had 2 days off I may as well take 5 as its all the same according to the absence policy. If I went back in tomorrow and then was off Thursday that would count as 2 absences not 1!

Left foot and no driving but lifts to work can be sorted easily enough.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘foot in cast and going back to work’ is closed to new replies.