Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Foods that have already been eaten
  • jonba
    Free Member

After a particularly bizarre conversation I want to test the stw hive mind.

I can think of two foods that already been eaten by other animals and was wondering if there were any more.

Came up with Argan oil (Morocco) and Weasel Coffee (Vietnam).

mintimperial

Honey. It’s basically bee vomit.

Tasty, tasty bee vomit.

Riksbar

Grass, or as I like to call it, steak.

Stoner
    Free Member
    Peyote
    Free Member

Do microbes count as animals? If so, then yoghurt, alcohol and blue cheese would also be on the list.

I’m okay with eating/drinking microbe, yeast and mould waste products though!

thebunk

What’s the one where a pig rolls around in breadcrumbs, eats an egg, and falls in a deep fat fryer?

Mmmmmm….

hels
    Free Member

What about that coffee that has been eaten by cats first ?

RobHilton
    Free Member

^ Cats or luaks?

samuri
    Free Member

What are those birds that the french eat. They drown them in brandy and then cook and eat them whole? Ortolan.

iDave
    Free Member

anything from greggs

MrNutt
    Free Member

ambergris! do I win?

Cougar

Dude, It’s spelt “hamburgers.”

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

milk

coffeeking
    Free Member

rotfl

coffeeking
    Free Member

No food has already been eaten, that’s called poo. Do you eat poo?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

*Beautiful*

Nick

alcohol is basically yeast poo

jonba
    Free Member

The argan oil is made using the nuts which have been eaten by goats (along with the fruit) but not digested.

The vietnamese coffee is made using coffee beans that have been eaten by something that looks like a weasel. Again they don’t digest it but they have an enzyme in their gut that changes the flavour and improves it.

scaredypants

*Beautiful*

Nods

thebunk

What’s the one where a pig rolls around in breadcrumbs, eats an egg, and falls in a deep fat fryer?

skeetsgb
    Free Member

No food has already been eaten, that’s called poo. Do you eat poo?

http://www.dailynugget.com/2006/06/shit-coffee/

mtb2020
    Free Member

There was something on Countryfile I think it was a while ago, on a repeat of a repeat about Sheep Poo paper. Great if you like that kind of stuff. They would harvest the droppings from a field, then boil it and sterilise until they got something that resembled grass. Maybe they should have just mowed a few lawns instead.

And the wealth creators and inventors out there have not just stopped there. The next big thing, in everyway is now Elephant Poo paper. http://www.elliepoopaper.co.uk/paper?gclid=CPuyvNaEsawCFUEb4QodOg4wFw
    I know of a few people who deserve that for Xmas.

nealglover
    Free Member

Bananas feel like they have already been chewed by someone else and then re packaged.

Does that count ?
    The “weasel” coffee is gorgeous. Got some of that last month and it’s really nice.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Applauds hamburger line 😀

Karinofnine

My dog eats sick, if she can get to it before I stop her, but her favourite delicacy is poo; rabbit, horse, goose – all good but topping the list is human poo. Makes me gag when she finds some – yuk. She is so pleased with herself after, she rushes back to me for a cuddle – I shriek and push her away, she thinks it’s a game. Horrible horrible sh1t-eating dog! Eeeeuuuuw.

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I believe it is traditional to leave the guts inside a woodcock when you eat it.

Ditto whitebait.

In some asian countries they eat deep fired insects with whatever is inside them.

Pook

where is your dog finding random human poo?

Karinofnine

She finds it in the woods sometimes, and on footpaths/bridleways where there are hidey-places made by trees and bushes. It’s not an every day occurrence luckily. I know it’s human because she rushes back to me, all pleased with herself, she smacks her lips together and bounces around with pleasure, plus I can smell it. YUK! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Er well.. tomatoes, kind of.. the seeds have to be eaten and passed by something, people will do.. before they’ll germinate. They probably do it chemically nowadays though.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Foods that have already been eaten’ is closed to new replies.