Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Food you've just never got round to trying before….
  • 29erKeith
    Free Member

Lobster! Next time I get the chance I will though I imagine it’s a bit like a humongous prawn

D0NK

just from the thread so far:
    Steak tartare
    insects
    sushi (doubtful I’d be a big fan)
    Stargazy pie – want to try but CBA cooking it myself

also
    baked alaska
    haggis

Don’t think I’ve had any:
    vietnamese
    lebanese

D0NK

spooky, my mum used to do fish roe cakes, blitz em up, make into patties with seasoning, shallow fried, lovely.

I had a plate of snails in greece started off ok, I liked em, got 3/4 of my way through and then just went bleurgh. Too many texture differences.

slowoldman

Lebanese is quite pleasant. Used to eat it in Saudi as there was no indigenous “cuisine”.

mogrim

Lebanese food is great.

There are loads of fish and shellfish I haven’t got round to trying, mainly because the small amount I have tried is disgusting.

alisonsmiles
    Free Member

Lived in East London for years but never quite brought myself to try Jellied Eels. I always told myself it was because I didn’t know if I was meant to serve them hot or cold and what the accepted side dish might be. In reality I was just spooked. Has anyone tried them?

smatkins1
    Free Member

I had veal last year in France for the first time. I had veal and venison mixed up in my head at the time of ordering, otherwise probably wouldn’t have ordered it. Turned out to be unbelievably delicious though!

withersea
    Free Member

Small delay in eating beetroot. Had some fresh at BBQ, didn’t die, but didn’t like it much either. Hope seafood had been more successful for binners, that is he liked it and he didn’t die from seafood poisoning!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Food you've just never got round to trying before….’ is closed to new replies.