Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Food processors, Kitchenaid V Magimix
  • matthewmountain
    Free Member

We are thinking of getting a food processor to make life easier in the kitchen.

There seems to be a kitchen aid (I am not talking about the stand mixer, ready steady bake thing) but

http://www.johnlewis.com/kitchenaid-artisan-4l-food-processor/p471221?kpid=231925010&s_kenid=242a82fe-4406-8da8-1ac0-000051b3ee72&s_kwcid=128×38417&tmad=c&tmcampid=73

How does this compare to the Magimix equivalenthttp

://www.johnlewis.com/magimix-5200xl-premium-blendermix-food-processor/p230878174?colour=Black

They are very similar prices and JL couldn’t really tell me any differences other than colour. Any real world experiences?

Thanks

ElShalimo

We got the Magimix 4200XL and it’s a chunky beast. The ones above are even bigger – so great for wedding cakes but for general day to day what do you make requiring such a big unit? Don’t forget for the 99% of the day it’s not being used you have to store it somewhere, they’re not small

Magimix have very long guarantees on the motor – does the other one do this?

jamiea
    Free Member

We’ve had a Magimix for years- great motor but the plastic bowls are absolutely rubbish! The catch on the lid snapped on ours after 3 years and we had to use a teaspoon to hold down the safety catch 👿 And spares are expensive. It’s been hidden away in the loft since we brought a Kenwood Titanium chef which comes with a processor attachment as well as a blender.

I make bread a couple of times a week, the wife has been liquidising soup and chopping up stuff in the processor and I’ve started making sausages with the grinder attachment I brought separately. It gets used every just about everyday. Oh, and the flexible creaming beater is great for creaming butter cream etc.

Wish we’d have gone down the all-in-one Kenwood route from the start!

Cheers,
    Jamie

thetallpaul
    Free Member

We had a 1950’s Kenwood stand mixer until our wedding. Almost indestructible and work.
    We asked for a food processor and liquidator on the wedding list. The Kenwood went to the BIL. Shouldn’t have bothered.
    The processor has hardly left the cupboard since 2004. The Kenwood was used weekly.
    When the house renovations are complete I’m having a Kenwood Titanium Chef as Jamiea mentioned above. The number of attachments that you can get covers so much more than a just a processor.
    Don’t limit yourself. Think of the children! 😀

matthewmountain
    Free Member

The Kenwoods look good, but even more expensive than the Kitchen aid stand mixer.

jamiea
    Free Member

It wasn’t before christmas on Amazon 😉

Cheers,
    Jamie

takisawa2

My good lady has an Andrew James one from Amazon, with a 1500w motor.
    Does the job.
    I’m yet to decorate the kitchen to match.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

The Kenwood KMM020 titanium set keeps popping up on ebay for £350. Well worth the money, even at £500 (Amazon).
    Will probably outlast us, and they are repairable if anything does go wrong.
    Have a look yourself, but from my research the Kitchen Aid are not quite as robust/reliable as the Kenwoods. Kitchen Aid look nice though.

This one on ebay may be worth a look:
    ebay link

slimsi
    Free Member

650B?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Food processors, Kitchenaid V Magimix’ is closed to new replies.