• This topic has 20 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by Rio.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Food mixers – what you got?
  • geoffj

Not processors, but mixers.
    Some nice stainless steel bling on Amazon, but where to start?
    Will be using it for family baking of cakes and bread etc. not sure about budget, more interested in quality than features.
    Come on all you Delias!

chvck
    Free Member

My mums old Kenwood Chef thing that’s probably as old as me!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kenwood. Nothing else worth looking at.

carbon337
    Free Member

My Mrs wants a Kitchen Aid but since she got a baby last year she will be waiting a while.

She’s got a hoover coming for xmas

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Again – my Mum’s old Kenwood chef – must be 40 years old!!! Only problem is the liquidiser base has broken – wonder where/if I can get it repaired?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Lady G, try John Lewis. They could well know.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Cheers , CaptainF, will try them.

TooTall
    Free Member

Kenwood Chef – inherited from my uncle. Robust is an understatement.

mtb2020
    Free Member

Yes, we’ve got a Kenwood Chef too. And it’s still going strong.
    This is a link to Argos. It might time out though – http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?pp=20&s=Price%3A+High+-+Low&storeId=10001&catalogId=1500002901&langId=-1&q=FOOD+MIXERS

matthewjb
    Free Member

I’ve got a shiny Kitchen Aid.

Received as a Wedding gift and still going strong over 9 years later.

Looking at Amazon the prices are pretty scary. But it does come in lots of nice colours.

sunnrider
    Free Member

The ultimate machine to get is a Thermomix.
    Pricey but nothing else can match it.
    I´ve seen them on Ebay from abaout 350£

http://www.ukthermomix.com/

brakes
    Free Member

mine’s a bit retro

khani
    Free Member

Kenwood chef here too, had it five years and it hasn’t broke yet, and it’s used every day for bread and stuff

Militant_biker

I’ve got a Kenwood Chef Titanium – love it to bits. Unfortunately it’s in a storage box along with countless other things that I miss, and I have to make do without for the time being. 🙁

joao3v16
    Free Member

Recently bought a Kenwood Chef Major Titanium (model KM020) for my better half. She does immense amounts of cooking/baking using it.

Not cheap at £390, but for the amount of use it’ll get it’s worth it.

She’s used numerous machines over the years and this is apparently the best so far.

Kenwood seem to have a very good rep for quality food mixers.

ourmaninthenorth

Are the Kenwood’s still as well made as the old ones (like Lady G’s, which is 40 years old)?

Mrs North wants a KitchenAid, but I like the idea of a Kenwood to outlast the pair of us.

mefty
    Free Member

The old kenwood chefs are supposed to be far better made than the new ones, you should still be able to get parts – quite a lot of trade on ebay. Mind you our liquidiser just needed a bolt tightening when it packed up.

petrieboy

KitchenAid mixer here. absolutely rock solid build and brilliant for making bread (add ingredients, switch on, wander off, come back later to perfectly kneaded dough) also have meat grinder and sausage stuffer attachment for home made creations.

we also have the food processor which is great, but seldom used, the blender which is brilliant and not much more expensive than a high street alternative, and the toaster which, on balance, probably wasn’t worth the money

they all match tho, so thats nice 🙄

ericemel
    Free Member

Kenwood here too. Wait until one comes up on hotukdeals and grab it!

sharkbait
    Free Member

LadyG: here you go

This has got me thinking about my mums old Kenwood Chef. it’s probably no tbeen used for 25 years and I think needs a new bowl but my duaghter loves baking and she’d probably love it!

Rio

Kitchenaid here – several years old and still going strong, but then again there’s not much to go wrong with them. Prices seem a bit stupid now for what is essentially a motor, a few gears and a bit of metal to hold it all together – I guess you’re paying for all that product placement on the TV cookery shows. The attachments are a bit plasticky though and I don’t see them lasting; I got them cheap in a cookery store in the US but I’d be unhappy paying UK prices for them.

We looked at Kenwoods and decided they weren’t what they used to be – some of them even have LCD displays FFS, can’t see them lasting 20-plus years like the ones my mother used to have.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Food mixers – what you got?’ is closed to new replies.