Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Food help please
  • emma82
    Free Member

Ok, we have become shall we say a little flabby 🙄 during the course of the last few weeks and I at least am going to have to get rid of the gut or people will assume a mini me is on its way much sooner than expected. That said we now need a mega health kick to make sure we are nice and healthy in order to start producing mini me’s some time soon. So, I need some reasonably cheap (even cheap weddings are bloody expensive!), easy to make, healthy meal ideas. Pasta is a no no and grilled whatever and chicken/fish gets a bit boring after a while although we are quite happy with that sort of meal. I have no patience and am not a particularly good cook so simple recipes would be good.

Any ideas or websites that are worth a look/try?

hooja
    Free Member

dust anybody?…..dust…..dust anybody?…dust

hooja
    Free Member

seriously though, winter coleslaw with everything
    red cabbage
    carrot
    celery
    onion
    white cabbage
    raisins etc. etc.
    Dill
    Mint (the herbs are the most important bit, dont hold back)
    mixed up with natural yoghurt
    lasts 3 days or so and is highly addictive
    raw tasty goodness, goes with most things or meal on its own

Jamie
    Free Member

Pasta is a no no

You could always eat smaller portions.

emma82
    Free Member

Oh I like pasta but hubby doesn’t so I can’t cook it very often.

I have never made coleslaw but that sounds really nice 🙂 I shall give it a go.

Jamie
    Free Member

Doesn’t like pasta?!?!?!

I know it’s quite soon, but I would file for divorce 😉

emma82
    Free Member

He’s a complete knob end about some foods, he’ll be half way through a meal and declare he hasn’t like such and such for years. Usually news to me, perhaps it’s just my cooking 🙁 It’s probably most likely my cooking to be fair.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have you tried gram flour flatbreads. Apparently users are shedding kilos.

yossarian
    Free Member

Replace bread, pasta, rice and potatoes with lentils, quinoa and salad.

Easy peasy.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Shit more.

emma82
    Free Member

Ok, diet starts Monday. I shall poop more and cut right back on carbs 🙂

Really though this thread is a fail, apart from Jamie suggesting a divorce and DD suggesting pooing more I’ve only had one recipe! Must try harder people. What do you diet fad loving super human fitty bikers eat?!!!!!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Here’s an absolute cracker I discovered the other day. I didnt have much food in, just some bits and bobs, and I was starving.

1 x tin of Lentil & Bacon soup (co cop preferably)
    1 x chicken breast
    6 x smallish mushrooms

Put chicken breast on a cooking tray, season with as much pepper/salt/worcester sauce/chilli powder as you want. Stick it in the oven and cook.

Slice mushrooms and boil for 10 mins, then sling in with the chicken.

Heat soup in pan, add as much flavouring as you like (I add curry powder)

Remove chicken and mushrooms from oven, cut up into manageable pieces, sling in with the soup and eat. Not particularly healthy, but I enjoyed it.

bighendo
    Free Member

i would have sliced the chicken and mushrooms
    place in soup and simmer until cooked
    ……eat from pan 😀

konadad
    Free Member

Jason vale juice diet. 7lb in 7 days. no stinky poo .

Jamie
    Free Member

Really though this thread is a fail, apart from Jamie suggesting a divorce and DD suggesting pooing more I’ve only had one recipe! Must try harder people. What do you diet fad loving super human fitty bikers eat?!!!!!

Some people are never happy.

yossarian
    Free Member

Firstly I’d say that if you want to lose weight I’d avoid spending hours in the kitchen cooking. Temptation is a terrible thing.

Make up a massive bowl of salad leaves, a massive bowl of lentils & bacon, a massive bowl of red & white quinoa and then just rush into the kitchen, grill/poach a chicken breast, whisk up a dressing and you’re done.

petergriffin
    Free Member

Google “Slow carb Diet” “iDave diet PDF” or “Four Hour Body”

Should find some stuff there, not specific recipies as such, but info on eating to reduce body fat.

_tom_
    Free Member

I tried “diets” in the past and it didn’t work as you get sick of not being able to eat what you want. What worked for me is daily exercise (you’re on a bike forum so shouldn’t be a problem!) and just cutting down portions massively. Oh and not eating takeaway, crisps etc apart from an occasional treat, which doesn’t actually turn out to be much of a treat since you realise it’s not actually that nice. Slow process though, lost about 50kg over 3 years 😯

emma82
    Free Member

but I need to lose 10lbs by the end of the month or I wont fit into my winter clothes 🙁

I know I know, eat sensibly and exercise which is what I intend to do, I just wanted some easy recipes because although I know what is good to eat, I don’t ever really know how to make the foods particularly interesting. I’m also lazy and don’t really like cooking so I quite like yossarians idea. Batch up for the week then I wont be tempted to pick while having to cook every night.

petergriffin
    Free Member

Did yo find anything on Google ?

emma82
    Free Member

just been mooching now and found a few but I’ve also just had a curry so the thought of thinking about food is making me feel sick. This sounds nice:

[/url]Quinoa salad

donsimon
    Free Member

Quinoa is ace.
    Where can I get it from in the UK? I haven’t seen it yet.

TooTall
    Free Member

Where can I get it from in the UK? I haven’t seen it yet.

Shops. Food shops in particular. They seem to have it.

Better supermarkets and health food places.

donsimon
    Free Member

Shops. Food shops in particular. They seem to have it.

That actually has the potential of being slightly amusing, but not much. Any of these shops in particular because I haven’t seen it, mind you I haven’t really been looking as I’m too knackered after trying to scourse the supermarkets for beans and lentils. I mean, 1.5m of shelf space in Sainsbury or Asda, I’m used to f*****g aisles full of the stuff not 1.5 poxy metres. 🙄

Blurboy
    Free Member

Quinoa is brill – as a celiac i can’t eat pasta, bread – wheat based stuff generally so I eat a lot of this. You can get it flaked to use as a porridge or thickening for soups etc. ALso comes in a more common ‘rice’ type format – cook and use as rice. Good luck

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Have you tried gram flour flatbreads

I tried them and they were horrible, ended up in the bin.

emsz
    Free Member

no bread, rice, potatoes, pasta, no alcohol,

lots of salad

Have fun!! 😆

warton
    Free Member

grilled whatever and chicken/fish gets a bit boring after a while

You’re not doing it right!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Beanz.

Jamie
    Free Member

but I need to lose 10lbs by the end of the month or I wont fit into my winter clothes

Winter clothes? Isn’t winter the time to get porky?

nickname
    Free Member

+1 fourhourbody/idave style diets work well with little or no exercise.

I’ve managed to get into the 13 stone range for the first time in about 10 years, without really trying hard at all.

scrambled egg/hardboiled eggs with chorizo/bacon and spinach
    chilli-con carne + vedge + lentils
    chicken wrapped in bacon + vedge
    mackerel + green beans or salad
    chicken salads + mixed beans
    nuts
    water
    grapefruit juice

I do still have fruit/sugar, but avoid white carbs and snacking on bad stuff.

TooTall
    Free Member

mind you I haven’t really been looking as I’m too knackered after trying to scourse the supermarkets for beans and lentils

I bet you complain because Halfords don’t stock Chris King don’t you?

donsimon
    Free Member

I bet you complain because Halfords don’t stock Chris King don’t you?

Not really no, because I know where to source CK from. Quinoa, on the other hand, I don’t, hence the question. But thanks for your time and help.

TooTall
    Free Member

If you shop in Asdas, don’t expect to find niche products.

I’d suggest the Bristol Sweet Mart in Easton or Scoopaway on Gloucester Road as dead cert shops that sell it – but that probably means nowt to you. Oh – the Quarry Shop in Machynlleth sells it too.

I have no idea what your local indie health food or food shops are called. Holland and Barratt sell it as well if you can step away from the supermarkets.

donsimon
    Free Member

I asked a simple question that required a simple answer, for example, you can find it in Tesco or Sainsbury, but no, you have to be a smartarse, don’t you?

freddyg
    Free Member

I need to lose 10 lbs.

Try the soup/chicken recipe above but add the chicken just before you serve; the resulting dodgy guts will shift the 10lbs in a day or so.

HTH 8)

emma82
    Free Member

Don’t start arguing on my thread plz!

Ok, I still cannot find the idave diet??!! Why the helll can I not ever find it? However I did find the slow carb diet Peter which looks interesting. What I really struggle with is the no eating fruit thing. How am I going to get my five a day!? Everything else I could pretty much live with but surely we also need stuff like pasta to manage the whole balanced diet thing ie some carbs?

petergriffin
    Free Member

Search threads on here to find iDave diet, its here somewhere if Google no good.
    Cut out white carbs, bread, pasta, rice. No fruit, sugars etc. No dairy, so thats milk, cheese etc, but cottage cheese ok in moderation.
    Eat high protein breakfast ideally within 30 mins of waking, eggs, bacon, bit of spinach with blob of salsa.etc, try it. Replace spuds/rice with beans, you can mash butter beans with a bit of garlic to make fake mash if you want. Drink lots of water.
    Eat as much as you like of this stuff,you need bigger portions to get the calories so you dont feel crap. One day a week, eat as much crap as you like..eat what ever you want.
    It’s not a diet, but a different way of eating, it’s all to do with insulin response from certain foods. The day of eating what you want is so your metabolism doesn’t slow down.
    I started it on Monday, lost almost 3 kg as of this morning,and that’s before i had a poo…( too much info??) and i’ve eaten like a pig all week without any excercise, not even been out on my bike.
    Try it, it’s a piece of p*ss to do.
    Do you think we ate fresh fruit every day 100 years ago?..no we didn’t , so don’t worry about the fruit. Pig out on your 1 day a week if you want.

donsimon
    Free Member

Here’s an iDave diet outline, I’ll dig deeper.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Don they sell Quinoa in Waitrose. I bet they sell it in Sainsbury’s etc too… you’ve just got to find the hippy section.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Food help please’ is closed to new replies.