Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)
  • Following on from the Cilla thread, who, if anyone, wouldn't…..
  • CountZero

jonnytheleyther – Member
    Why does everyone hate guy Martin? Genuine question.

everyone doesn’t, only some, and that’s more of a mild dislike.

esselgruntfuttock – Member
    Grayson Perry
    Oh yeah, Grayson Perry!

(WTF is Grayson Perry FFS)
    😯 Seriously?
    Is amazed. Highly regarded artist, cross-dresser, recently had built a, shall we say slightly controversial house.

My suggestion, although I’m sure some might, for some reason, have an axe to grind; Kate Humble.
    Went to a book signing and talk, and she’s exactly as she is on the telly, chatty, warm, very attractive with no discernible makeup, just really lovely.

Caher

Muhammad Ali

eltonerino
    Free Member

I’m on mobile, so these links aren’t the best.

David Attenborough is a supporter of population control in 3rd world countries. I don’t have any respect for someone who thinks they can solve their problems by controlling others.

A friend of a friend used to be a minder for Stephen Hawking. She didn’t have a nice word to say about him. A bit misogynistic and big into strippers too. (Not that liking strippers is bad on its own, but he doesn’t really match his public personality).

convert

From your link:-

Sir David Attenborough has warned that the world’s rising population must be brought under control – if humans are to maintain a good quality of life.

He claimed that countries with lower birth rates and better medical facilities should do more to educate women in lesser developed countries about birth control.

If you find that objectionable you really do live in a deluded world.

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

David Jason? Lovely man (as far as we can tell) a career of lovable characters and not even a wiff of Yewtree about him, which is amazing considering the scope of it.

there was a wif but it appears that ‘Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe.’ 🙄

slowoldman

No-one is safe from being slagged off by someone on STW surely?

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Dennis Bergkamp ?

no, couldn’t get on a plane

DezB
    Free Member

Have to agree with Attenborough

Didn’t I hear a commentator on the weekend say that Attenborough was responsible for bringing rugby league to TV? Another positive for the wise old fella.

bikebouy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    As a young man he worked as a DJ in Texas in a local radio station. Much later he recalled that girls, some as young as 13, used to queue up outside his radio station.
    In his own words;
    All they wanted me to do was to abuse them sexually which, of course, I was only too happy to do.
    Well, of course I didn’t ask for ID. All they wanted me to do was to abuse them sexually which, of course, I was only too happy to do.
    National treasure my arse.

All that about John Peal ??

Bloody Hell.. every days a school day innit 😯

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ironic self-referential comedy recognition failure.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Griff Rhys Jones.

Seems like a jolly decent chap.

I know a sound recordist who works with him quite a lot on his “adventures” and says the bloke is really nice, funny, jolly if a little reserved, generous, extremely interested in the places and people he visits. . On TV he seems to ramp up that personality, me I like that.
    He’s a sailor too having restored that gorgeous sub 6mtr of his…

Another..

Ben Ainslie
    Uber nice, competitive, humble, charming, well mannered, unbelievably intelligent ( and I know him )

Miguel Indurain..
    Uber nice, competitive, humble, charming, well mannered, unbelievably intelligent ( and I don’t know him )

I could add another batch of sportsmen on here too, some of them you’d find “challenging” to your viewpoint so they’ll stay with me.

mogrim

Have to agree with Attenborough. Friend of mine makes natural history TV shows with him, and said friend (a man whose opinion I trust and value) assures me that he really is as marvellous as you think he is. A real gent.

He nearly ran my Mum over on her bike. Although that might have been his brother, can’t remember exactly. But just in case…

convert

Griff Rhys Jones.
    Ben Ainslie

Yep to both

Miguel Indurain – not so sure. Liked him at the time & still do. But I think it’ll end up being that he was a doper happy to stay silent and watch others take the rap without putting his hand up and saying we were all at it – it was just the way it was. I’ve got more respect for those that were never caught but have still put up their hand than those that have continued to just mutter into their beer.

jon1973
    Free Member

Timmy Mallett

..and his gift to the world that was “Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny yellow Polka Dot Bikini”

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Was going to say Desmond Tutu who always comes across as a very decent man with deeply held principles. However i think some headbangers dont like him much because of he has drawn parallels between the worst parts of zionism and apartheid.

convert

Desmond Tutu

I’ve got a feeling we might be testing that one out in the next week or two.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

I’ve got a feeling we might be testing that one out in the next week or two.

Just noticed that on the news, i feel like ive jinxed the poor guy now!

tthew

Dali Llama.
    Dave Ghrol.

and, re. Timmy Mallett

his gift to the world that was “Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny yellow Polka Dot Bikini”

he can’t even claim that, it was a cover version.

bikebouy
    Free Member

All members of ABBA ?

nealglover
    Free Member

Timmy Mallett

Having spent a fair bit of time with him, including 2 days “trapped” in an Austrian chalet during a snowstorm, I can confirm that Timmy Mallett is by far the most infuriating person on the planet.

I don’t think anyone had anything bad to say about Terry Pratchett when he died?

IHN

On the Stephen Hawking front, MrsIHN has very strongly held views; his physics is wrong (and she does have some idea what she’s talking about) and he’s only revered because he’s in a wheelchair.

allan23
    Free Member

Lance Armstrong……

…..I’ll get my coat.

tuffty
    Free Member

Jackie Stewart
    Stirling Moss
    John Surtees

stumpy01

Will Smith

Stevet1
    Free Member

Louis Theroux.

MSP

Dennis Bergkamp ?

no, couldn’t get on a plane

That was Mr. T 😉

thebunk

Bill Murray.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

isn’t Bill Murray supposed to have been in trouble for domestic violence ?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Surely no one dislikes Kriss Akabusi.

ransos
    Free Member

On the Stephen Hawking front, MrsIHN has very strongly held views; his physics is wrong (and she does have some idea what she’s talking about) and he’s only revered because he’s in a wheelchair.

I look forward to the publication of her paper – a Nobel prize surely awaits.

MSP

Surely no one dislikes Kriss Akabusi.

He’s a god botherer.

Daffy

IHN – Member

Whilst I’m sure she has and he is, I’d argue that as much as “proven” theorems are valuable contributions to physics and understanding, perhaps Professor Hawking’s greatest achievements stem from his knowledge being used to frame and then highlight the right questions to ask.

hora
    Free Member

Wasnt Bill Murray that was Christian Slater. The gf he beat was a Police Officer.

Damien Lewis is my vote

chiefgrooveguru

Bill Bryson?

kcr
    Free Member

Bill Murray’s second wife “filed for divorce on May 12, 2008, accusing Murray of domestic violence, infidelity, and addictions to sex, marijuana and alcohol.”
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Murray

yunki
    Free Member

Remember when they let a woman have a go at being prime minister for a laugh? What was her name? Fatcher or summink..
    She led a fairly blameless life didn’t she?
    I don’t remember anyone having a bad word for her when she snuffed it

mick_r

Fred Dibnah.

Has anyone ever slagged him off?

My old boss’s Mrs had an interesting opinion of him. She worked in Bolton tax office……

Cougar

Simon weston.

I don’t know about that, I reckon the whole thing was staged. At the time of the incident he was in his kitchen, bobbing for chips.

Bumble?

Random fact, I went to school with his daughter. Lovely lass. Now the owner (with her hubbie) of the Lancashire Sauce empire.

Johnny Ball.

One of my childhood heroes. Allegedly a climate-change denier, though I fear he may have been misquoted. (I think the point he was trying to make was that we need to look at it a bit more closely and at least some of it would’ve happened regardless of our actions.)

Brian Blessed (the clue’s in the name, right? )

BB is a legend, though I can readily understand why a lot of people might not like him. This is how cool he is – he’s a qualified cosmonaut. He wants to go into space and the US told him to jog on, Russia went “all right then.”

I don’t think anyone had anything bad to say about Terry Pratchett when he died?

He was notoriously a grumpy ald sod when he put his mind to it. But we forgive that because Pterry.

marcus7
    Free Member

george cole…. sorry… 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘Following on from the Cilla thread, who, if anyone, wouldn't…..’ is closed to new replies.