Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Following on from the 130mm hardtail thread..
  • Mugboo

Been riding for 4 years now and my bikes have gone Full Suss 04 Rock Springs (high BB) 06 Wolf Ridge (medium BB) to Hemlock 100mm rear with 36 Talas (low BB)
    My Hardtail has gone Inbred to 456 (130mm) to Summer (140mm).

The bikes have got Slacker and lower and my confidence and ability has just got better and better.

Thing is though it depends completely on your type of riding. I like tricky/techy stuff with the odd drop or two. Love trail centre's and when i go to the lakesor peaks i want a bike that works on the downs and can grind the up's.

Stainburn is my idea of fun…

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

stainburn is good…

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

does the summer rust like the website says?

Mugboo

I had mine powder coated but no not really, the one's i've seen look good.

soobalias
    Free Member

ive got bikes, i ride them

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

does the summer rust like the website says?

no, not yet, Brant was unsure about how a clear lacquered finish would last. After a year of use, I haven't been out on it every week or thrashed/trashed it, but it currently shows no more rust than you would expect on a regular painted 456. As I say, I've not trashed it, but I haven't looked after it and it's been kept in fairly damp storage and stored mucky. The frame finish is still looking good, just the usual marks on the chainstays you would expect on any used bike and a bit of discolouration around the Head Tube welds that are also the same on One-one steel painted frames.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Following on from the 130mm hardtail thread..’ is closed to new replies.