Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Folk racing each weekend
  • oldgit
    Free Member

How the flip are you keeping up the mileage, or like me your not.

Sunday is taken up by a hours racing. The light has gone’ish so midweek is just hour long interval sessions on the turbos.

Haven’t had a club ride since September.

Jase
    Free Member

I was planning to continue doing a long ride on the Sat but haven’t had a chance to yet.

Went out today so be interedsting to see how my legs feel tomorrow (even though not racing).

djglover
    Free Member

Where do you race oldgit? I commute daily and do a big ride at the weekend, fancy trying cat4 next year as I seem to have got pretty fast over the summer.

colnagokid

Lucky to be able to get out on a Friday afternoon, other than that its the turbo during the week and race on Sunday

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

I’m not racing at the moment, but I am riding 3-4 nights a week, just using light both on and off road.

crazy-legs

Mix of commuting and track riding for me at the moment.
    I’m buying a new light next week as well so hopefully some evening rides on the CX as well, that’ll allow me to stay local and still do a mix of on and off road stuff.

MrSparkle

Training seems to have gone to the wall over the last few weeks but I seem to be doing a fair bit of racing, mostly running – fell and cross country.
    crazy legs – that was you on the Singletrack stand at the Cycle show? Sorry I didn’t see you after 3 Peaks.

oldgit
    Free Member

djglover in the central CX league at the mo.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

Monday eat loads of food and do nothing.. drive to work.
    Tuesday night straight from work to a Cycle cross training seshion and then home = 62 miles.
    Wednesday ride to work then gym 25 miles.
    Thursday: ride to work, with a extended ride home 45 miles ishh
    Thursday ride to work 25 miles.
    Friday ( well that depends how im feeling) but usually a ride to work and a small extended loop home 35 miles.
    Saturday a good long ride 60 miles or so.
    Sunday Cross/mtb racing.

In a nut shell through your life away and dedicate it to winter training. at times i hate it but most of the time i love it 🙂

oldgit
    Free Member

Nice one.
    Can’t commute through the week like you though.
    Saturday I only do as much as 45 miles steady

dobo
    Free Member

i dont get the miles in..

monday – eat work eat sleep
    tuesday – plan to ride but finish work late and dont
    wednesday – run with GF..
    thursday – plan to ride but something will prevent this usually work gf or motivation
    friday – plan to ride but beer is too tempting
    saturday – finally have some time and put some decent miles in even though its not the best prep for sunday race.
    sunday – get destroyed in cx race or mtb, usually mtb goes better..

Jase
    Free Member

After yesterdays road ride went up woods today and legs felt ok, could have raced on them no problem so will stick with a road ride on Saturday’s regardless of whether racing or not.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Folk racing each weekend’ is closed to new replies.