Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • FOD Wild Boar Chase
  • v666ern
    Free Member

Im signed up for this next weekend but havent been on a bike for what seems like months. Which of the 4 routes is best, im thinking 25 miles may be too much due to lack of fitness 😥

Anyone else riding?

wilko1999
    Free Member

I’m in. Currently having a bit of a dilemma over what to ride, my Scandal 29er seems like the obvious choice but I’ve been finding it back-crippingly uncomfortable lately. I’ll probably end up dragging my full suss round as I’m used to long FoD off-piste rides on that. Planning on doing the Full Boar.

Don’t know which route to advise you, I’ve never done the event before!

BillOddie

I’ll be there! (Surly Krampus with big daft tyres)

Slightly worried that my gearing will too steep, best wear my “comfy for pushing up hill” shoes!

v666ern
    Free Member

AFAIK itll be more fire road than singletrack, not complaining that’ll help me!
    love staunton and dowies so wouldnt mind exploring so may opt for a route which avoids those, if that makes sense 🙄

missed the honc due to illness so just want a nice days riding 8)

rOcKeTdOg

Signed up for the 45 miler, but due to a crash this week & subsequent rib injury I might swap to shorter or bail depending on recovery

wilko1999
    Free Member

It’s going to be very difficult to ignore so much good singletrack and stay on the Wild Boar to be fair especially if the weather’s good and the trails dry.

v666ern
    Free Member

It’s going to be very difficult to ignore so much good singletrack

especially when your new bike turns up next week, which is wholly inappropriate for a xc joint so i have to ride my wife’s bike instead leaving the new one at home 😥

Still cant wait will be a right giggle

wilko1999
    Free Member

Oh dear, what’s your new bike then? I’m probably going to be on my Blur LT with 160mm Pikes which is totally inappropriate but bl88dy comfy 🙂

v666ern
    Free Member

Rose Uncle jimbo with fox 36’s and various other trinkets that will never reach their full potential! 😆
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-uncle-jimbo-2-275-2015/aid:738641#2A-121q6-1ErUD-121q8-121q9-121qA-121qB-121qK-121qL-121qM-121qN-121qO-121qP-121qQ-121qR-121qS-17IEU-17IEV-12sv8-12sv9-12svA-12svB-12svC-173yL-1Bk01-1CYUS-1JRRL-1JRRM-1NTDD

first ‘big boy bike’ i should really be getting that set up as the weekend after it’ll be the nutcracker on dartmoor for its first proper outing 😀

My wife’s bike is an anthem so don’t feel too bad for me

wilko1999
    Free Member

That Rose looks great, nice one. Ideal for the Nutcracker, did a big Dartmoor loop last year that took in Lustleigh area, bl88dy brilliant riding.

v666ern
    Free Member

Thanks

the nutcracker is awesome, love the technical stuff

will look out for your blur – keep an eye out for someone pushing an anthem up any incline 😳

kristoff
    Free Member

I rode the full boar last year, very easy going, lots of fire road riding, a few singletrack descents, also included Dowies as one of the last ones.

A good day out on the bike, I rode my bronson, completely overkill but it’s the only mtb I’ve got.

v666ern
    Free Member

kristof – surely thats just cheating!

rocketdog are you going to be on the fatty?

Update, bikes at home and im stuck at work! 🙁

Does anyone know when they are going to release the routes / gpx?

ste_t
    Free Member

Signed up for the full boar. As long as I finish before the marshalls go home I’ll be happy.

mboy
    Free Member

Full Boar again this year. Can’t wait!

wilko1999
    Free Member

No, I was wondering about the same thing regarding the GPX. I want to check it out before-hand to see if there’s any cheeky singletrack sections I can divert across instead of the official route 😉 not to cheat on my finishing time mind, just because there’s so much good stuff hidden away over there!

v666ern
    Free Member

Full Boar again this year. Can’t wait!

how was the enduro mark?

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Signed up for the full Boar.
    Did it last year,not to technical but one nasty climb.
    A good day out!
    Thanks,
    Max

P-Jay
    Free Member

I missed out on this, most of my mates are riding it for the first time, but my wife works weekends at random intervals, by the time I knew I could do it, it was sold out 🙁

Reading the above I’m not so sad now, I’ve only got one bike, a 1×10 Cove G-Spot with 2.35 tyres, including a supertackie at the front – sounds like a bit of a slog on my old cart horse.

wilko1999
    Free Member

P-Jay if you wanted to have a go at dragging your G-spot round the Wild Boar, someone in our club has an entry going spare. My email is in my profile.

rOcKeTdOg

rocketdog are you going to be on the fatty?

Only if the weather turns inclement otherwise 29+ rigid FTW

mboy
    Free Member

Enduro was good. Managed 85th out of 127 which is about what I was expecting. A good starting point anyway.

Hoping the weather holds out for this weekend, though a slight shower the night before to dampen the dust might be useful (I had chronic breathing problems due to dust and pollen last year after the full boar!).

russyh
    Free Member

Im doing the full bore this year. Not sure what bike to take. Inbred 29er (heavy as) or my Banshe SPitfire (bizarrely lighter) Never done it before but given its fireroads and alike i am thinking 29er!!

v666ern
    Free Member

GPS’ are on the site now

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘FOD Wild Boar Chase’ is closed to new replies.