Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • FOD – Verderers, kayak or bike?
  • timothecimmerian

Work is conveniently taking me close to the Forest of Dean tomorrow so I thought it would be rude not to chuck the bike in the car and go for a quick spin around the Verderers late afternoon as I’ve not ridden it before.

Bearing in mind the recent damp conditions, anyone know what the current conditions are like and would I be better off taking a canoe or similar? 🙂

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Saturday was great been wet since there was some flooding in the Forest of Dean Tuesday so the news said.Verderers is made of crushed rock etc is fine may be few puddles on it but nothing much.The mud will come if you ride of it.Its Sound built to last. 🙄

timothecimmerian

Cheers for that. I’ll give it a bash then.

widge34
    Free Member

The only muddy part will be the end of the Verderers.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Or the start if the wild boars come out to play 😆

fodmtb
    Free Member

It was ok earlier today

timothecimmerian

What a cracking little trail the Verderers is – had to go around twice. I’ll have to try more Blue trails if they’re as fun as this one.

theroadwarrior
    Free Member

It’s great isn’t it!

I tend to do the whole thing once as a warm up and then push/ride up the shortcut to ride the descent a few times more.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

If you think the Verderers is good.You should try the trails the locals have made over the years.Lawn mover/Doctor Johns/Dowies/1/2/son off,merrdocks +all the rest which i dont know the names for has i am not a member of the round table[Knights] 😆

fodmtbguides
    Free Member

may go out for a blast tomorrow evening, I like doing the red and blue together esp if the weather is not too good

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘FOD – Verderers, kayak or bike?’ is closed to new replies.