Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • FOD Today – Some Pix {Mostly DH}, XC and Wild Boar
  • redthunder
    Free Member

Forest of Dean by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_7283 by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_7348 by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_7317 by SGMTB, on Flickr

IMG_7367 by SGMTB, on Flickr

More Here

http://www.flickr.com/photos/58162507@N07/sets/72157631257584710/

mattsccm
    Free Member

Was hiding from the rain yesterday in the cafe and overheard 1 of the staff saying that they had daily ambulances over the last few days.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

ahhh 🙂 you got my mate on his ibis!

aye-aye
    Free Member

lol,that’s me in the second pic. First day on new bike.
    Thanks, nice pic, nice surprise after a good day out.
    That new section is great fun.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Thats funny 1st pics my van with the back doors open.Saw a guy with his knee badly cut open.few with slings on.Great down there today never seen it so busy i suppose 3 days of people in 1 as tomorrow is crap like saturday.The main road out of the centre had loads of cars on it parked up never seen that in 22 years of riding down there.

I wish people would not just stop dead on the last bit of the verdeerers trail with out looking behind them gets bloody dangerous then says theres a family down there which is another 15seconds away strange folk.

patriotpro
    Free Member

Nice1 – cheers for sharing.

Heard a lot about FoD but not ridden it YET 😉

brakes
    Free Member

Are those boar fair game? If you could catch one could you take it home and keep/ eat it?

bigh
    Free Member

So glad the reason for that ambulance being there was not pictured 🙂

patriotpro
    Free Member

brakes – Member
    Are those boar fair game? If you could catch one could you take it home and keep/ eat it?

I’d stab a guess that the ‘wildlife’ in FoD have more rights than you or I do.

I’d also stab a guess that they would make a mean bacon-butty tho eh… 😈

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

The wild boar are fair game but think you would need to bring your gun :lol:.They do run quick i think Usain bolt would stuggle to catch one of them let alone hold onto it.

stgeorge

What are the trails like condition wise? Is it Mud X time off piste or has it dried out a bit?

Going tomorrow and I know Verderers etc will be Ok, but usually go futher afield on weekends,

Cheers

bigh
    Free Member

Not fair game. Had an interesting chat with a wildlfe ranger with tracker dog who had been employed to look for signs of people going out at night and killing them with crossbows and other silent methods. He was not a popular chap, had several attacks against his person and car, and many written threats to poison/burn/decapitate his dog, nice!

redthunder
    Free Member

If anyone wants a bigger version give me a shout 🙂

Thanks for the feedback.

Also, a ranger was on about the wild boar if you stare at them to long they will occasionally follow you 😯 and they hate dogs.

redthunder
    Free Member

@aye-aye

BIG VERSION

and not messed with…

Forest of Dean 2 by SGMTB, on Flickr

redthunder
    Free Member

A shed load of more pix… if your there and want a higher res pic, please give me a shout.

There on Facetube, hopefully upi can this link…

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.389328657799911.91287.100001683391034&type=1&l=675c5da9b5

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘FOD Today – Some Pix {Mostly DH}, XC and Wild Boar’ is closed to new replies.