Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • FoD or Llandegla – 30 minutes to decide
  • twonks

I have a full day to myself so fancy one of the two above.

Live in NW Leicester so both around 2 hours away.

Have done Cannock, CyB and Sherwood too much so fancy something different.

Would go up into the peaks but fancy a nice easy waymarked trail 🙂

XC based reds sought as I am a wheels on the ground rider.

PeaslakeDave
    Free Member

I much prefer the blue at fod to the red. the red just seems a bit short and less refined. So i’d give Llandegla a punt and see

robhughes
    Free Member

15 mins left.. 😉

creamegg
    Free Member

Id do llandegla, although havent been there. Ridden fod loads but not really worth a 2hr journey unless you were also going to mess about on the downhill sections or happy to explore off piste. The blue is good fun, but short. Dont think much of the red

wolfrider
    Free Member

Do llandegla and do the black aswell its no harder than cannock monkey. The red at fod is rubbish the blue is quite good but I wouldnt drive 2 hours unless your guna ride the downhill tracks aswell.

Esme
    Free Member

You’re going to spend 4 hours driving, just to ride at Llandegla or FoD? 😯
    And to make it worse, the wonderful Peak District is so much closer.

Get yourself a coffee, sit down and work out a proper route!

Love Llandegla, never been to FoD.

Llandegla is easy to keep wheels on the ground – nice and swoopy, but some jumps if you want them.

timidwheeler
    Free Member

Llandegla

pocketrocket
    Free Member

Another vote for Llandegla here, great fun. FOD left me disappointed, I won’t be going back.

peter1979
    Free Member

Go to FoD most weeks and been to Llandegla twice. Love FoD but if Llandegla was closer i’d probably chose to ride there more often. Both are very good though. Llandegla is a faster track, more flowing and with better features than FoDs verderers trail, which although very good only really gets going on the final 2.5km descent, the red trail is a bit too short, although they are in the process of lengthening it. Plus Llandegla has a nice skills area.
    If you fancy more DH action though FoD has better options.

poonprice
    Free Member

Last 5 minutes…

Do llandegla black…

therag
    Free Member

I really like both. The red at f.o.d has been extended, not sure if its finished yet.
    I usually do the blue, stopping half way around to do a few laps of the dh, then back to finish the blue.

Murray

What’s the red like at Llangdela? I’ve ridden the blue and liked the swoopyness. Is the red much harder and is it rollable?

The black isn’t even challenging and all rollable tbh

Alex

FoD Is brilliant especially on the YAT side. Not the marked routes. Much prefer that to a built trail but if you don’t know where you;re going….

twonks

Well it seems to be a mixture and at some point I will do them both.

However this comment made me realise I was being lazy…

You’re going to spend 4 hours driving, just to ride at Llandegla or FoD?
    And to make it worse, the wonderful Peak District is so much closer.

Get yourself a coffee, sit down and work out a proper route!

So now I have dug the camelback out, stolen the young uns Garmin and am about to set off to the below.

http://www.theedgecycleworks.com/mtbroutes/ladybower-loop-medium/

Cheers all and see you in about 8 hours 😀

mboy
    Free Member

Llandegla is OK now they’ve made the routes longer and more interesting, but still a bit santised. I used to find it very boring before they did a lot of work to it.

FoD has some of, if not the best natural trail riding in the UK (forget the Verderers trail) and its well worth the trip from anywhere if you can get a guide to show you round!

AlexSimon

For future reference, I would do the Llandegla black, but maybe miss the “black jump sections”, as they are only really fun if you like jumps (although you don’t even have to jump those, except for a couple of 1ft drops iirc).

tmb467
    Free Member

Good call twonks…that would have been my recommendation for you

twonks

I’m back and tucking into some nice and simple mince and rice 😀

The ride was a good decision as I had forgot just how being alone in the middle of nowhere feels.

Trail centres are good and if I’m honest I have tended to stick to them over the last few years, but riding ‘proper’ trails sure made a fight back today.

Thanks all again.

PS. The damn road climb up to Crookhill Farm is a nasty sod.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘FoD or Llandegla – 30 minutes to decide’ is closed to new replies.