Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • FOD locals. What's occurring conditions-wise?
  • kayak23

Just wondering what it’s like round the FOD at the moment.

Has the ice and snow pretty much gone or do I still take the fat bike?

Cheers.

bigblackshed

This was posted earlier about the Family Trail:

The latest update from Pedal-A-Bike-Away was the Verderers and 3 of the DH tracks had been cleared of trail obstructions, but snow and ice was still hanging about. The other trails will be cleared at some point.

TBH with the rain on Thursday night into Friday morning most of the snow will be gone, just expect glorious FOD sticky mud.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Gloucestershire had a fair dumping of snow Sunday and now a bit of rain plus a lot big branches down with the snow on them still is snow around will be very very muddy at best is winter after all.

kayak23

Aye. Mud was a given 😆

beltaine
    Free Member

Tried to get out for a spin last night. Fallen tree’s and branches on the family trail around New Fancy area scuppered it. More ice on the tracks than I’d bargained for too. Out shortly but will head down Lydney way.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Anywhere that saw bike and foot traffic on top of deep snow had a thick layer of ice on Thursday. Friday was cold enough for frost in the morning. Under trees is probably OK now but I doubt the family trail is great. Stacks of trees down across it earlier this week. Will have another go later.

mindmap3
    Free Member

Would be interested to hear how things are at FOD because I was thinking of heading there tomorrow because the forecast is better than at home.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Hard frost this morning but warming up a bit. Single track stuff is generally clear.

russyh
    Free Member

There tomorrow, first time in ages after injury! Can’t wait

GeForceJunky

Mostly fine, just be careful on the crazy ice slabs (mostly in the carpark!). The red was mostly rideable, but don’t do the red extension, it had loads and loads of trees down on it and needs a good clear up!

milky1980
    Free Member

Was there today, he blue and the DH tracks are fine but the rest is in need of some cleaning up, thawing or both.

bennyball
    Free Member

I went yesterday – The tree covered trails are clear of snow/ice but quite wet and slippy in places.
    We spent a lot of time clearing fallen trees from flatland, sheepskull & y2k. Ski run and corkscrew were also clear

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘FOD locals. What's occurring conditions-wise?’ is closed to new replies.