Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • FoD Enduro today
  • thefod
    Free Member

Well done to all riders today who managed to complete the course in such difficult conditions. It was tuff going for me but still fun, so how did you fair?

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Have to say I, and the rest of Team Stoned Fish, thoroughly enjoyed it. Big thanks to the organisers. Boy was it muddy.

tollah
    Free Member

Cameras drying out now whilst I process 600 shots! Well done to all the riders, that was moist and muddy.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Yup…moist and muddy…

tollah, where were you placed for pics? In the foresty section with a Dean bike?

amt27
    Free Member

glad I switched to MudXs this morning, cramped on 3rd and 4th laps, finished in just over 4 hrs (i think), hard work despite knowing the course like the back of my hand and helping to build the new sections,

tollah
    Free Member

Yeah my mate Psling had the Dean, my Spot with a fat front wheel was there too. I was firing two flashes at people 🙂

bullandbladder
    Free Member

One word describes my morning – “sideways”. Best fun I’ve had on a bike in ages! Big love to all involved, cheers ;-D

singlespeedstu

Have you got a fat front then tollah?
    Can’t say i’ve ever noticed.

😉

CheesybeanZ

Can’t say i’ve ever noticed

you must be wok sighted 😉

sofaking
    Free Member

Have you got a fat front then tollah?
    Can’t say i’ve ever noticed.

have you been living on the moon stu as everyone on planet earth heard about it weeks ago. did you not get the email, or the pictures or the fax , or the tweet, or the post card, or read about in the singlespeed times, or facebook, or the jungle drums, or the text ?

singlespeedstu

😆

hambl90
    Free Member

Had a great day , very hard going in the gloop, but enjoyed it alot, big thanks to organisers, marshals and the photographers for making it a good one.

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Yep great course, really enjoyed it. That really was some fine mud – I think I’ve got most of it off me, clothes and the bike…..bathroom & kitchen, well they could probably now do with a clean

Gilles

That was very hard and I’m glad i finished it. I must be tough. Great event and atmosphere.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Just to add I doubt it was anyone from here, but I handed something in to the registration tent that someone had lost in the first wooded section. If you lost something within the first 5-6 minutes then shout.

tollah
    Free Member

Some shots up now clicky below some more coming tomorrow

by sheldonattwood, on Flickr

s4rpf
    Free Member

Congrats to all the riders that did it today.
    must of been hard with the weather was awful

Gilles

Sheldon, that’s very impressive – thank you – i want one of your 2012 calendar when they are ready.

tollah
    Free Member

No worries Gilles, I’ll give you a shout when Im taking orders for them, good to see you again today!

soulstealer
    Free Member

How can I buy one of the pics Sheldon? was my first enduro so be great to have a copy?

tollah
    Free Member

Drop me an email!

ssjeff
    Free Member

Sir Tolla did you get a pics of me today ?

I didn’t have a fat front but was probably the smoothest rider you would have seen all day !

Hope you did as I have quite a few pics of myself around the house and there’s always room for a few more (well as long as mr jeff doesn’t notice)

see you soon hey

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Nice pics tollah, speedy upload; Go SPAM!(above). Was it you taking the pics on the downhill section nr the end, probably about 2 / 2.15? Had a couple of big flash bursts, so didn’t think it was your average compact camera.

tollah
    Free Member

Thanks, I was taking the shots in the tight singletrack about 2/3rs of the way round also using 2 flash units

Beerbadger
    Free Member

Myself and my good lady wife would just like to say thanks to the organisers and helpers. Great event guys and fantastic support from all the marshalls. See you again next year (how about a winter enduro aswell?).
    Tollah.. Good to see you again fella (slightly less disturbing to see you shooting your load in the woods than I thought It would be :wink:). We’ll have to meet for a ride again sometime.

Trimix
    Free Member

I only managed one lap – which took me 1h 40mins. I was not fast enough to get ahead of the pack, so got stuck with eveyone in the muddy slippy singletrack where we all had to walk.

I reckon I walked half of the course which was a shame, if it had been dry it would have been really good. Great course, shite weather.

I will be back next year (unless its raining again).

Beerbadger
    Free Member

Nice pics Sheldon. I’ll have a better look later, I’m off to try and free up my ceased front brake!

ON another note….Mark Cavendish…World Race Champion!!! Hell yeah.

psling
    Free Member

Well it had to happen, I think that’s the first wet FoD Enduro which ain’t bad considering the time of year. Having marshalled previous years I decided to spectate this year, glad I had my waterproofs 8) . Well done to everyone that rode, those slippery singletrack ascents looked leg-burning. I believe the winning 4-Lapper was doing laps in the region of 40 minutes 😯
    Good fun helping ‘tollah set up, never realised how involved it is especially in the trees with dull, wet weather. Amazed at how the photos come out so well 🙂

ollieT
    Free Member

I had a great day 2nd in masters 3rd overall in the 4 laps. I thought course was great, but my god im feeling it today!!! I dont suppose any one has a pic i was 510 i think?

tollah
    Free Member

There’s another 200 odd shots going up in the next hour or so. Sorry Ollie, I’ve got no shots of 510.

drjohn
    Free Member

The only serious work for St John’s was scraping a guy of the Verderers trail… where I fell hard last year… in the dust ha ha!

Bedds
    Free Member

Sheldon.. any chance you’ve got a picture of a knackered looking bloke no. 158?

tollah
    Free Member

158 by sheldonattwood, on Flickr

You can search my Flickr stream by typing your race number into the search bar on the my Flickr page

amt27
    Free Member

results are up, http://www.fodmbe.org.uk/results/2011_times_results.php

looks like there were only 36 finishers in the 4 laps, which had around 120 entries

tollah
    Free Member

looks like there were only 36 finishers in the 4 laps, which had around 120 entries

Not surprising, the conditions weren’t great!

Gilles

I think my position of 27 out of 120 sound better than 27 out of 36. Thanks for that.

psling
    Free Member

Hope midlandtrailquestgraham is OK, last time I saw him he couldn’t see me as he tried to make his way back with an eye full of mud. Hope you got back to the medic tent and got it cleaned out.

frosty
    Free Member

As long as gears were still working the trails got better and better (in my opinion), especially the off-camber section which you could carry some speed on towards the end.

Great event, only took several hours to clean my eyes.

tazzymtb

looks like ace fun, but there is distinct lack of gear danlgers visible on a lot of bikes, were people not taking it seriously and therefore riding silly bikes with daft wheels. That would explain the low number of finishers, only 36 people were riding 26″ wheeled bikes with gears, all the attention mongers crashed out in exploding wheel related accidents or realised that SS is a bloomin stoopid idea.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘FoD Enduro today’ is closed to new replies.