Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • FOD Enduro
  • Candodavid
    Free Member

Just got home from doing this event, cracking course with a perfect mix of singletrack , fireroad, climbing and descending.
    Thoroughly enjoyed and will deffo do again.

Hopefully won't see some bloke chunder like I did today though!!

flatfish
    Free Member

Had to give it a miss today as my ass decided to spring a leak and It still hasnt stopped running yet! Gutted I couldn't make it.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Beat me too it.

I don't do many events, but that was absolutely superb. A nice friendly low key event with superb 'natural' singletrack, intelligently designed and put together to avoid the dreaded 'climb-fireroad-descend-singletrack' boring old formula. I was particularly pleased with the climbing singletrack – really kept the mind engaged.

Well done the course designers and organisers, superb stuff, and thanks to the weather too – I'll be returning next year for sure.
    8)

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

oh, and flatfish – too much information!
    😳

Clink

Glad you both enjoyed it! Hopefully will be able to join you next time.

sheldona
    Free Member

All you need now is a SS and you'll be allowed to ride there again at the SS Euro Champs next April 🙂

Candodavid
    Free Member

Have the Curtis SS, would that be niche enough?

Clink

Only if you put some rigid forks on it and get rid of that squishy nonsense 😀

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

says the man who wants some work done on his damper cartridge!
    😆

sheldona
    Free Member

Doesn't have to be niche, it just has to have no spheeeds 🙂 Oh and you've got to get an entry!
    FOD is a great place to ride with a lot more to offer than just the area the Enduro is in albeit a littlle on the cheeky side at times.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Clink, your only jealous cos you didn't ride today!!!!!!!

DaveE

What a great Day.
    Well organised and excellant course.
    Thanks to all.

jimw
    Free Member

I'd like to add my thanks- excellent event, very well organised and friendly plus I was really pleased that I completed as it was only third off road outing since getting back on the bike in mid September after the collarbone break in June and I was worried about fitness

Clink

Clink, your only jealous cos you didn't ride today!!!!!!!

Absolutely!!

Gilles

Yes, that was superb. If next year is as dry as this year, it's going to be good and I will push harder.

psling
    Free Member

Hopefully won't see some bloke chunder like I did today though!!

I believe there was some projectile vomitting going on at the marshalling point after mine. Not a nice picture.
    Everyone passing me seemed to be enjoying themselves, maybe more on their first lap than subsequent laps though… 😀 There was certainly plenty of singletrack and the lead riders were averaging about 45 mins a lap which is pretty impressive even given the dry conditions. It was a pleasure to marshal on such a nice day.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Results and photos??

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Echo everyones sentiments. Great event save for the start nonsense and the usual overly aggressive riders who seem to want to ruin others enjoyment.

I really struggled to get front end grip on the loose loamy soil though – what tyres for a very dry FoD?

cymohndee
    Free Member

Popped my race cherry yesterday and had a great time. Took the first lap way too fast, had total crisis of confidence about completing the second with burned out legs on the verge of cramp, but managed to limp round to finish with a big grin. A mad but very enjoyable day. The course was good fun too. Thanks to RFDCC, it must have been a lot of effort to clear the course and organise 400 riders!

Candodavid
    Free Member

Sheppie– used Michelin XC all terrain, good grip on both ends but still with a certain controlable drift

philj

2nd year I've done the Enduro and thoroughly enjoyed it. Did feel like I was about to die once i'd finished my meager 2 laps tho! Looking forward to getting the results to see if I've improved on last year…

As for tyre choice I was back on my Panaracer Cinder's which are usually pretty good all round. Washed out a lot on the first lap, but I think that was mainly operator error to be fair 😉 Second lap much better (or maybe just a lot slower!?).

Got to credit the marshalls who were once again excellent… enthusiastic, helpful and encouraging – made it a much more enjoyable experience than some of the other xc races I've done 🙂

llamafarmer
    Free Member

Sheppie – I found everyone that passed me was polite and safe about it, but even as a relative novice I had to do a lot of overtaking (catching up with the slower vets mainly), all that singletrack was excellent fun, but it did make passing a much tougher task.

All in all, it was an excellent event. Great course, great weather, loads of nice singletrack and really well marshalled. Big thanks to all involved and see you next year!

….But where are the results? 😉

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

There was certainly a great deal of 'enthusiasm-over-skill' amongst the sport and youth when the starter gun went. Still, after the first few bits of singletrack, those that blasted through blew up and it was fine after that.

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Some pics. Link lifted from a forum posting on xcracer.com

http://www.alananna.co.uk/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=19&page=1

llamafarmer
    Free Member

Looks like there'll be photos here soon too…

forkhandles
    Free Member

It was my first event so not sure what to expect, but the course was excellent, the organisation was good and the other riders I spoke to were a good bunch. Next time I'll have to remember to eat on the way round and have a decent breakfast; seriously conked out on the second lap….. Looking forward to see how slow I was compared to others.

daj
    Free Member

First time doing the enduro for me too, Really enjoyed it!!

When visiting over the summer, Was told that after the event the course was going to be laid out marked for ever more?

Is this going to happen?

sheppie_hill
    Free Member
    jimw
    Free Member

Results on website
    http://www.rdfcc.org.uk/

flatfish
    Free Member

When visiting over the summer, Was told that after the event the course was going to be laid out marked for ever more?

Is this going to happen?

i heard this about this nearly two weeks ago so hopefully yes

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

Is this going to happen?
    I'm hoping too actually. didn't realise it was this soon and a bit annoyed i missed it

llamafarmer
    Free Member

Results on website
    http://www.rdfcc.org.uk/

And looks like the 2 lap results are wrong.

I think they've failed to allow for the fact they sent the vets off 10 mins before the sport 😆

sheppie_hill
    Free Member

Definately agree with llamafarmer – times are off for the sport category

psling
    Free Member

Is this going to happen?

That is pretty much the plan as I understand it. There is some more felling in the area scheduled for early next year; when that is finished the plan is to inspect the route of this year's event, modify it as necessary to make it more hard-wearing and to waymark it. All being well this will happen next year. All being well…

philj

anyone know if these are the 'correct' times? http://www.rdfcc.org.uk/gallery/2Lap09_amend.pdf

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

They're the amended and most recently released times. Certainly more accurate for me that the first ones were.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘FOD Enduro’ is closed to new replies.