Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • FoD DH track conditions…..
  • nickegg
    Free Member

Booked onto the uplift at FoD tomorrow. How are the tracks holding up?

Do i need to carry out a last minute tyre swap to a Specialized Storm Control rear tyre or will i avoid death if i leave my current Ardent tyre on the back?

wilko1999
    Free Member

Err, totally dry and really fast on Good Friday… add 3 days of rain to that

Take both tyre choices and if you make the wrong decision, miss one of the uplifts and change tyres maybe?

Some of the tracks have seen better days though I have to say, especially the bottom section of corkscrew and most of ski run. We were doing the top sections of corkscrew 1 & 2, flatland and sheepskull, then picking some of the unmarked steeper looser runs at the middle and finishing up on the ski run tabletop/road gap, made some great runs with a bit of everything

getonyourbike
    Free Member

It was dry and dusty yesterday, I don’t know about today and tomorrow.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Be sure to leave a lot of litter. It appears that’s the right thing to do, if other users are to be believed.

Last time I was up there (3 weeks ago, IIRC) it was all dry and dusty, bar a little quagmire near the end of Corkscrew. Everything else was brown pow, bro, innit. 🙂

nickegg
    Free Member

Storm Control it is then!….going to have to stick to that as i prefer to run a tubeless set-up.

By litter i assume used inner tubes, gel wrappers, water bottles and maybe even some goggle tear-offs are all acceptable things to be left to decay yes?! 😉

The two weeks before my week off see the best weather in months, the week i take off it decides to piss it down….thats about right 🙁

mattsccm
    Free Member

It’s been p****ing down here all day.

woody25
    Free Member

I was on the uplift today, got absolute drenched, but is was fun 🙂

Trails were pretty puddly in places, but actually not too slippery. Having said that, I stuck to the top of corkscrew and then ski run, as they are a bit less of a root fest.

I was running High Rollers which were fine. Tyres don’t really clog on the DH’s at FoD, so I’d say take whatever is the softest compound to give you some grip on the roots.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘FoD DH track conditions…..’ is closed to new replies.