Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • FOD conditions
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

Anyone been up to the Forest of Dean this weekend? Thinking of doing a few runs tomorrow or Tuesday but have no idea what the weather has been like in that part of the world.

Probably going to do a couple of trail centre trails and then go for a bit of an explore.

psling
    Free Member

It has been dry today after a heavy frost, forecast for tomorrow and Tuesday is mostly dry. The unsurfaced trails are very greasy though at the moment; the surfaced trails (inc Verderers) should be fine. Good set of mud biased tyres will get you through most stuff here if you’re going ‘for a bit of an explore’ 8)

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Hi Pete is there much water about?Two weeks ago it was brill down there.Chickened out today went on a road bike didnt fancy washing the MTB 😀

psling
    Free Member

Yeah, quite wet at the moment. We haven’t had a lot of rain really over the last week but the ground just isn’t draining anymore like it used to, it’s that saturated 🙁 I rode today but not around pedalabikeaway or dowies, but ground was pretty wet over Bracelands/Symonds Yat way. Shut my eyes and hope for the best on the downhill bits!

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Cheers.Rain most of Friday and Saturday in Cheltenham terrible for the Gold cup punters :lol:.Nice today.

zangolin
    Free Member

Didn’t ride there today but some of my riding buddies did + shot a little bit of film on some of the DH tracks at the FoD.
    [video]http://vimeo.com/62018916[/video]
    Looks not to bad. Forecast is not good though for the rest of the week.

wilko1999
    Free Member

Enduro loop very wet and muddy today, other off piste stuff in that area pretty hard going but still fun! Took in the final descent of Verderers on my way back and that was fine, puddles and all, still really fast

Alex

Headed out to Dowies from PAB earlier and it was pretty sloppy. All rideable but hard work in places. Definitely needs some dry, warm spells to dry it up a bit. *looks at forecast* Oh 😉

tazzymtb

definitely sloppy in the cheeky secret stuff today.

pitcherpro
    Free Member

Great video!

peter1979
    Free Member

Thats some pretty sweet riding. Where is that drop and hip section from around 25 seconds in?

zangolin
    Free Member

Secret slag heaps – hidden away in the deepest darkest part of the FoD 😉

psling
    Free Member

Impressive stuff. Who is that riding in front of Jake? 😯

zangolin
    Free Member

Ieuan Williams with Jake filming

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘FOD conditions’ is closed to new replies.