Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Focus, Cube, Canyon, Boardman, Planet X, On One, Ribble, etc etc
  • menothim
    Free Member

There are loads of these brands now that are offering – on the face of it – great bikes and great value. I’m thinking myself into a new road bike, so how on earth do I choose to maximise my bike per pound? I know I should find the bike that fits best (blah, blah), but how do you choose between those differing brands? And who else should be in the mix?

honourablegeorge

Rose Bikes look like they might be even better value

druidh
    Free Member

None of those guys make “bad” bikes.
    Find a shop which sells a few of them and get an opinion.
    If you are still bewildered, just buy the one you most like the look of.

mcobie
    Free Member

I was planning on testing a load of bikes, but after one ride on a Focus I was sold 😀 Absolutely love mine…think there are three in the club I ride with. That said, a couple of the guys love their Planet X, one is toying with the idea of chopping his current one in for a new one…

Sorry, probably not much help 🙄

menothim
    Free Member

I think you’re right about there not being any bad ones among them.

Rose look like a good addition to the mix.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

I know I should find the bike that fits best (blah, blah),

Well do that then.

If not then just pick the one you like the look of best. To narrow the list down further short list the ones with the best wheels as, after the frame, this makes the biggest difference to the ride

All the bikes you have on your list are good bikes its just that some will fit you better than others so try and at least sling a leg over them.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Focus, Cube, Canyon, Boardman, Planet X, On One, Ribble, etc etc’ is closed to new replies.