Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Focus Cayo
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

I want to step into the carbon world.
    I currently have a Defy 3 which I commute and ride out on. It’s a great bike but I fancy something better for those nicer days etc.
    I was contemplating a planet x sl pro but as I need a small 1 set of bosses is not enough. The cayo has caught my eye as with all the discounts etc I can get it for £900 would I be a fool to look past this???

Fueled
    Free Member

I got one a year or so ago and have been extremely happy with it. I havent tried the Planet X / Boardman equivalents, but I don’t think you can go badly wrong with one.

dyls

I’ve got a 2009 cayo and it’s been very good, go for it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    druidh
    Free Member

I had one for a couple of years and thoroughly enjoyed it. A bit stiff at the rear end, though I think they’ve improved the seatstay design since.

stumpyjon

Another Cayo vote, I also got a 2009 Cayo 105, been very happy with it. Very light, pretty unforgiving but very fast to accerlerate. It just makes you want to go faster and faster until you puke (done that a couple of times now….)

jg911
    Free Member

Had a 2009 Cayo to see if I liked road riding. Good bike for an entry level carbon frame, lighter and more responsive than a Boardman carbon equivalent IMO. The Cayo carbon is overly stiff and is a bit zingy compared to a more expensive carbon frame (willier, orbea, cervelo etc.) but it’s still good value. The first thing to upgrade should be the wheels, Shimano RS80’s or Mavic Elites are good value. Also consider swissstop brake pads, they make a huge difference.

Phil

monkeychild
    Free Member

Wheels wise i have a set of model bs on my defy so will swap them over. Will deffo change the pads as generally oem are pooh.

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

same here, 2009 cayo with full Ulterga. Great bike, I like it a lot & it goes like the clappers, when I use it that is.. ( 😳 )

same as this one….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Focus Cayo’ is closed to new replies.