Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Foam rings for rockshox forks
  • nbt

I took apart an old set of revelations at the weekend to service them – the poo-brown 130mm models from 2005. Mostly they seem fine, but the foam rings under the seals are shot, they have dried out and stuck to the metal and ripped when I pulled them out. I can get a “seal refresh kit” with rings and seasl for £25, but the seals themselves seem ok. Anyone know if I can get the foam rings alone, preferably for significantly less money?

ta!

scruff
    Free Member

Mucks getting in so seals need changing. Get em cheaper at http://www.locotuning.co.uk/

nbt

I’ll get a “regulars” discount at my LBS and they’ve got them in stock, just wondering if it was necessary to change the seals or if I could get away with just getting new foam rings

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

I think – despite my often wishful thinking – it can be quite hard to tell if seals are ‘ok’. Mine looked perfectly ‘ok’, so I didn’t bother putting in new seals the other week – and just replaced the foam rings.

Now I can see the gold anodising wearing off one of the stanchions.. 😯

I think the tollerances are pretty fine TBH. Even the tiniest amount of crap getting behind the seals will cause havoc. I’ve learnt, if in doubt – change it, or expect to have to buy a new pair of forks.. 😕

stumpy01

If you’ve got them apart, you might as well just change the seals too. The seals are getting on for 6 years old so it’s not like they’ll be box fresh.

You probably could get away with just doing the foam rings (if you can get hold of them on their own), but most of the work has been done getting the fork apart, so changing the seals seems like a minor inconvenience.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Foam rings for rockshox forks’ is closed to new replies.