Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Flying and cycle helmets…
  • scruff9252

I’m heading out for a cycling holiday in a few weeks and only taking hand luggage. My helmet wont’t fit inside my carry on luggage, would it be acceptable to wear it through the gate to get it onto the plane? Not a full face helmet, only a road one.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Please strap a gopro to your helmet so we can watch you go through customs etc.

shortcut

Go for it!

Full face I hope.

geoffj

I just strapped mine to the outside of my carry on luggage and then unclipped it when stowing the bag in the locker.
    That was easy jet.

aP
    Free Member

Why don’t you just carry it? It’s really not that hard…

tomhoward

You’ll be fine, but only if you wear dark googles too. Dh or normal lid.

Andy-R

When I used to take one to and from Greece I just used to carry it {EasyJet and FlyBe). I never had any problems.

maccruiskeen

wear it, and if challenged tell them you’re expecting turbulence.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Noooo wear it and if challenged come over a little special and say “my mum says I gotta wear it in case I have an accident” would be priceless too see lol

njee20
    Free Member

Why don’t you just carry it? It’s really not that hard…

Because some airlines are utterly militant about only have one piece of hand luggage, and will include a ladies handbag, or a hat/helmet as a second piece of hand luggage, and demand you check something in.

I’ve done as others though – strapped helmet to carry on. I’d like to hope that it would be beyond stupid if someone disputed it.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

I wore mine on board an EasyJet flight to Geneva; had no issues. Took it off once we were sitting down though. 🙂

zigzag69
    Free Member

I’ve taken mine strapped to carry-on a couple of times. No hassles at security (UK and US). Flew United. Wasn’t a full-face though.

nemesis
    Free Member

I’ve always clipped it to my handluggage and never been questioned about it being an extra piece of hand luggage. Again, not full face.

scruff9252

That’s good to hear. We’re flying both easyjet and Ryan air so have experienced them being super stringent before.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Carried FF and normal lids of loads of flights, never an issue all over the world

imnotverygood

I have never heard of a hat being classified as extra hand luggage.

oldnpastit

I carried mine along with one item of hand luggage. That was with Virgin (who are very helpful when taking a bike).

thegman67

Tied my full face to my hand luggage loads of times and never had any issues

russ295
    Free Member

Snowboard helmet strapped to pack every year. Never had any probs.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Flying and cycle helmets…’ is closed to new replies.